Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Apr 7, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #931 of 992

FiiO X5ii or X3-2 depending on which you find and at what price. At least those two I tested and know that both sound good. There are countless other great devices in this price range as well! 

Thanks I will look into these. I'll need to read up on file formats and conversions before I can pull the plug. everything I have is in ALAC at the moment.

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #932 of 992
  Thanks I will look into these. I'll need to read up on file formats and conversions before I can pull the plug. everything I have is in ALAC at the moment.

I think that both X5-2 and X3-2 can read ALAC and you can easily convert ALAC to FLAC using F2K 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #933 of 992
What do you guys recommend as a good portable amp/ dac to pair with the X1? I guess the budget is up to $200. Im new to this audiophile game, no real fancy gear yet at this point but reading up here and its daunting the 1) sheer number of gear options and 2) whether that makes any difference when pairing with what you have eg iems, source (iphone!) etc

I have a pair of finders coming in the next couple of days. Got the non-mic version and bought some comply foams separately (comfort version).

Looking forward to it!

They sound great out of an iPhone I don't see the point of spending more on an amp/dac than your earphones anyway. An amp dac will complicate your setup big time and you will be carrying massively bulky items. If you don't require streaming the a cheap last gen dap is an option but for the finders still not required.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #934 of 992
Hi guys, so I received the finders, Im currently burning them in but I definitely like the sound signature. The white filter might be too bassy for me, will play with the other filters later on.

I do have a question though, in some of the pictures i see that the finders come with a little plate holding the eartips, and this fits into the case. I dont see this anywhere - is this a mistake or is this not included in all models (I bought the non-mic version).

To make it a little more annoying, the comply foam tips that I bought (separately from Amazon) came in the wrong sizes! instead of a pair of S,M,L each, the packet had 1 x S, 3 x M, and 2 x L. and wouldnt you know it, it looks like I need the small size!Im just trying out the M for now but they dont sit very deep at all in my ear....

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #935 of 992
They sound great out of an iPhone I don't see the point of spending more on an amp/dac than your earphones anyway. An amp dac will complicate your setup big time and you will be carrying massively bulky items. If you don't require streaming the a cheap last gen dap is an option but for the finders still not required.

One of the dangers of lurking around Head-Fi is thinking you need to upgrade to get better sound quality etc! Ive decided not to look at anything else for now after discussing it with my wallet.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #936 of 992
Hi guys, so I received the finders, Im currently burning them in but I definitely like the sound signature. The white filter might be too bassy for me, will play with the other filters later on.

I do have a question though, in some of the pictures i see that the finders come with a little plate holding the eartips, and this fits into the case. I dont see this anywhere - is this a mistake or is this not included in all models (I bought the non-mic version).

To make it a little more annoying, the comply foam tips that I bought (separately from Amazon) came in the wrong sizes! instead of a pair of S,M,L each, the packet had 1 x S, 3 x M, and 2 x L. and wouldnt you know it, it looks like I need the small size!Im just trying out the M for now but they dont sit very deep at all in my ear....

Glad you like them so far! The non mic version does not come with the carry plate, only the newer Mic versions do. If you have any questions about your finders, please feel free to send an email to team@eboxaudio.com :)

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #937 of 992
We have an announcement to make! We would like to officially welcome Mr. Andre Moore, aka @shiorisekine, as the newest member of Team Echobox :) Andre is currently in training as our Customer Support Manager, and right out the gate he is already rocking :metal::metal: For those of you on Head-Fi, Andre is no stranger, having been an active member of this community for years. We could not be more excited to have him as part of our team, so please join us in a warm welcome :)

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #938 of 992
We have an announcement to make! We would like to officially welcome Mr. Andre Moore, aka @shiorisekine, as the newest member of Team Echobox
smily_headphones1.gif
Andre is currently in training as our Customer Support Manager, and right out the gate he is already rocking :metal::metal: For those of you on Head-Fi, Andre is no stranger, having been an active member of this community for years. We could not be more excited to have him as part of our team, so please join us in a warm welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, that's the dude from the show.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #940 of 992
We have an announcement to make! We would like to officially welcome Mr. Andre Moore, aka @shiorisekine, as the newest member of Team Echobox :) Andre is currently in training as our Customer Support Manager, and right out the gate he is already rocking :metal::metal: For those of you on Head-Fi, Andre is no stranger, having been an active member of this community for years. We could not be more excited to have him as part of our team, so please join us in a warm welcome :)

Couldn't be happier to be working with the good people of Echobox. :D

May 2, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #943 of 992
I just got the comply foam tips which Echobox sent me, complementary because mine didn't come with any (I got the no inline volume control and microphone version). They really open up the sound! I was using the spinfit tips, and I think that the silicone (or whatever they're made out of) seem to give the sound a rather claustrophobic feeling. However, the comply tips really seem to alleviate that problem. They also fit better, I don't like using silicone tips, I always prefer foam for it's fit and sound. It makes classical music sound a bit nicer too, to compete with my other earphones.

Thank you echobox!

May 5, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #944 of 992
What is the usual response time when requesting support via email? I emailed earlier this week and haven't heard back regarding my mic control not working. Should I PM here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back