Echo Audio Indigo IO is great with HD-600s
Sep 28, 2005 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BradJudy

500+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased an Echo Audio Indigo IO and I have to say that it does an impressive job driving my HD-600s (and my ER-6s, but I'm less impressed by that accomplishment). I haven't spent time doing direct comparisons to my pretty maxed PPA, but I could certainly be happy with the Indigo after using my PPA as my primary amp for a while.

At $180 for an excellent soundcard that doesn't require an external amp, I think it's a great buy for anyone who uses their notebook as a primary audio source with their headphones.

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Glad to see you're still making good use of my old '600s.
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 4
They are still going strong and I'm enjoying them. A purchase I haven't regretted.
smily_headphones1.gif

While a search shows a few threads on the Indigo, most are short lived and there really isn't much discussion of it. I guess it's just because people want either PCI or USB soundcards.

Sep 29, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradJudy
They are still going strong and I'm enjoying them. A purchase I haven't regretted.
smily_headphones1.gif

While a search shows a few threads on the Indigo, most are short lived and there really isn't much discussion of it. I guess it's just because people want either PCI or USB soundcards.

Yeah, I've only gone through like 7 or so pairs of cans since
biggrin.gif

I was actually going to get an indigo for my laptop, but I've been happy enough with the onboard sound and built-in optical (for use with the DAC1) that I never found the need to. I'd still like to hear one someday though.

Nothin' like a 2-man thread, eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back