EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Mar 20, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #1,171 of 1,544

The beauty in Magenta! Because of a few days delay I think, Jack has made express shipment for fast delivery. Thanks buddy.
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't wait to hear it.

Congrats Mike

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #1,174 of 1,544
  The sender receives an invoice after shipment delivery for the Duties and Taxes that DHL Express has paid on their behalf at destination, plus a small administration fee.

Nah, they can't do that over here - DHL or other courier services can't deal with the customs and clear packages without a power of attorney from me. And I always clear packages myself as no way in hell I'm paying the ridiculous clearing and handling fees on top of the taxes and duty. 
Anyway, I'm just back from DHL's office with my supra as I decided to go pick it up myself. Turquoise and orange shells and one-off smoke face plates 
edit: and yeah, the customs cleared it, so no VAT and duty for me

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #1,176 of 1,544
  Nah, they can't do that over here - DHL or other courier services can't deal with the customs and clear packages without a power of attorney from me. And I always clear packages myself as no way in hell I'm paying the ridiculous clearing and handling fees on top of the taxes and duty. 
Anyway, I'm just back from DHL's office with my supra as I decided to go pick it up myself. Turquoise and orange shells and one-off smoke face plates 
edit: and yeah, the customs cleared it, so no VAT and duty for me

ksc75smile.gif
Enjoy

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #1,180 of 1,544
5 bores.  In the past that has meant those of us with smaller ear canals cannot be accommodated.  Will the Penta change that disturbing trend?

For the overwhelmingly most part, yes.

With that said, Jack states when this topic arose before:

"We will try our best. In cases where we can't we will let them know. We won't ever turn one down without trying. (Unless it's just abnormally small)."

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #1,181 of 1,544

Here it is in my office. 

I want to wait until enough burn-in to share my exact impressions. However I would say that Legend R has a stable and very black background. The separation is very good; vocals are emotional and upper-mid is very smooth. The strongest part of this ciem is its midrange. It does already have a smooth and thick note presentation. Let's see what is going to be changed with burn-in. No problem with the fit.  

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,182 of 1,544
Shared the same sentiment with most that Silver cable either stranded or solid core has great synergy with Legend R and Supra.

Left is Supra with stage93 multi-strand silver (bought it for my son) and GH LGS solid core with Legend R which at times i swapped to Jena Lads ultra wire if I want that organic sound especially when listening to Jazz.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #1,183 of 1,544
Shared the same sentiment with most that Silver cable either stranded or solid core has great synergy with Legend R and Supra.

Left is Supra with stage93 multi-strand silver (bought it for my son) and GH LGS solid core with Legend R which at times i swapped to Jena Lads ultra wire if I want that organic sound especially when listening to Jazz.

Nice cables. What is the sonic difference on Legend R compared to EW Quad?

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #1,184 of 1,544
Honestly, am not a fan of silver plated copper wires as IMO it tends to make the sound more aggressive. So, i always swap them out with my own fabricated IEM cables that consist mainly of copper, silver gold or silver cables.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #1,185 of 1,544
Finally got around to listen to my supra. I still have to do some more extensive tip rolling and try it with other cables but so far it sounds pretty good. It definitely needs deep insertion and right now I'm using it with the meelec s6's tri-flanges as they go quite deep but don't have the pin-size bore of most triple flanges for small nozzles. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back