EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Apr 26, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #766 of 1,557
In balanced mode on the PONO player the Velvets bass really digs deeper than usual. The soundstage maybe a touch wider and separation is good. All in all a pretty good pairing. I am enjoying it and that is the main thing.

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #769 of 1,557
  Anyone using the Velvets with Linum cables?

I'm thinking with Linum MUSIC since seems the most natural. Any special recommendation?

I use my Velvets with a Linum Bax Balanced cable with the AK240, AK120 II and Glove Audio A1. Haven't tried the Music cable.

May 2, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #774 of 1,557
  I personally think the right cable is definitely worth the expense. It can change so much of the sound, and when paired right bring the most out of your iem. I love cables 
smily_headphones1.gif

There are big differences between silver cables, but in general they bring out more detail and give better highs, while (sometimes) losing a bit of the lush lows and warmth. I hear the newer silver cables like the V3 are less bright than the previous models. Craig from Whiplash said the Velvets pair well with the V3 Litz, but that might not be the most reliable source :wink: @Ivabign just bought a V3 Litz paired with the Velvet, maybe he can give an update.

First let me say that the Velvet is so good, that they sound brilliant with the stock cable - the biggest gain you can achieve with these IEMs is to upgrade your source and supply them with clean power. With that said, I am continually blown away by this Whiplash V3 Litz cable. Bass is even more controlled and punchy - soundstage is even more expansive, instrument separation is more apparent - just like listening to a higher definition version of the Velvet....  And that is a very good thing.

I have pretty much decided this cable sticks with my Velvets for the time being - wrapped up it just fits in the Velvet case - lol.

Now I have to try my new Whiplash V2 Gold with something 
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #776 of 1,557
Aww man you have the V2 gold as well
smily_headphones1.gif
Should try a Silver Widow as well sometime, highly recommended

I have a Silver Poison - what is exactly the difference? The Poison has some gold in it - does the Widow?

This is my Poison

May 3, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #779 of 1,557
  how does compare it to shure 846 and asg2

Shure Se846 has more of a mid-forward presentation whereas Earsonics has a slight v-shaped presentation. In terms of bass, I feel both are equally matched though the SE846's are a bit tighter. The highs extend more in the treble-based setting of the Earsonics velvet compared to the Se846's which I felt was more rolled-off. The velvet's are also smoother across the range whereas the Se846's have a texture to its bass.

Overall, the Earsonics definitely competes on the same calibre as the Shure SE846's but it's ultimately about your preferences at the end of the day. Do you want a more mid-forward sound with a very natural presentation, outstanding bass and slightly subdued highs [The SE846s] or do you want a very smooth, lush sound signature with great bass, slight upper mid recession but well-extended highs [The Velvets]?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back