EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #991 of 1,260

The S-EM9 amazes me every time I listen to it.

It's so well tuned, and makes everything I listen to sound like the earphone was made for it. There isn't a single genre the S-EM9 doesn't sound great with to my ears.

that surprise doesn't last long, by the way, you could compare with the se846?

It's getting really cold outside, do you think you can compare it to W40 before you sell it?

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #993 of 1,260
Nov 23, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #994 of 1,260
Oh, thank God you are human, I really suspected you were an auto-bot poster
biggrin.gif

well, except the auto bot will be able to have 5 positive and 1 neutral feedback?

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #998 of 1,260
The one on the left in both pictures below.  It's a regular single flange tip, I can't use double flange or any other fancy tips since my earcanal is wide and has a sharp turn (making insertion a bit shallow).  This one gives a perfect seal and very comfortable too.  I think the tips are T200 size which is not as common, thus I had to use a "spacer" for my other more common eartips with a wider bore opening.  But the one Earsonics going to provide with all upcoming releases is below on the left, and it does the job!  Otherwise, nothing fancy, just a regular tip.

Thanks man. Outside it has a similar shape to the spinfit cp800 for Shure which I use and recommend. The canal is wider though.

[COLOR=111111]that surprise doesn't last long, by the way, you could compare with the se846?[/COLOR]
hard to imagine signature less alike.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #999 of 1,260
Hi. I have a dilemma now choosing between S-EM9 and ES3 (as a little brother but very affordable).
It will be in addition to my Etymotic ER4SR. So I prefer a neutral reference sound which I get from the Ety.
So my concern here is not to get a V or U shaped IEM. I also hate a warm sound with an elevated and slow mid bass (Westone family as an example).

Will I accept the S-EM9 or this will not be my "cup of tea"? Thanks.

P.S. I owned the SM64 in the past and I know well the S-EM6 ( too dark and bassy)

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #1,001 of 1,260
  Hi. I have a dilemma now choosing between S-EM9 and ES3 (as a little brother but very affordable).
It will be in addition to my Etymotic ER4SR. So I prefer a neutral reference sound which I get from the Ety.
So my concern here is not to get a V or U shaped IEM. I also hate a warm sound with an elevated and slow mid bass (Westone family as an example).

Will I accept the S-EM9 or this will not be my "cup of tea"? Thanks.

P.S. I owned the SM64 in the past and I know well the S-EM6 ( too dark and bassy)

I have tried all of the earsonics, including the new ES2 and ES3.  The S-EM9 has good fast, tight, neutral sound, very 3D.  Not at all like the S-EM6 which I agree is too dark for me.  Velvet is very nice too, but sounds a tad too thin for me.

ES3 is very nice too, very similar to the S-EM9 but slightly warmer.

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,004 of 1,260
Nov 24, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #1,005 of 1,260
Thank you.  I figured as much, but sometimes what is listed is different from faves.  Had to ask.  Just trying to wrap my head around the cost of the sem-9...
In my opinion, all iems in this range are overpriced. But the ones staying below 1.5 less so than the crazies around 3k (except KSE1500 as it included the amp and really is technically different).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back