Earsonics sm3 V2
May 5, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #76 of 1,167
looks freaking awesome! 
the SM3 itself was abit lacking for me. hopefully v2 is much better :)
can't wait to get my hands on one.

May 5, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #77 of 1,167
Damn.  They do look kind of nice, although kind of wished they used the clear see-through casing instead of plain black.  And also no memory ear glides/wire.  I do really like the fact that the wires are detachable/replaceable though, but man... the price.

I honestly have no qualms or issues, comfort, fit, or otherwise, with the v1's... so anxious to see some impressions from some early adopter/testers out there, definitely interested to see if these really do have the exact same sound/signature or if it's changed at all (for the better).

If there is a sonic improvement, might be tempted to trade up...seems like it would cost, what plus $109?  Kind of steep if it's all just purely for cosmetics though.

May 5, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #79 of 1,167

Quote:
So is anyone in line for a review set from Franck? i.e. dfkt?

If there's one person who should probably get a review sample, it should be average_joe, the one HF'ier who started the whole SM3 'craze' and then went on to get the EM3-Pro (customs).

May 5, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #80 of 1,167

Quote:
If there's one person who should probably get a review sample, it should be average_joe, the one HF'ier who started the whole SM3 'craze' and then went on to get the EM3-Pro (customs).

He probably already has one
L3000.gif

May 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #82 of 1,167
To me it is not worth it to spend $130 more for the SM3 just for a new and better shell and detachable cables. I would rather buy the cheaper version SM3 and make into a custom. $430 for the SM3 now? Wow. Might as well buy a lower-costing custom like the 1964-Q.

May 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #83 of 1,167
I wouldn't trust any 3rd party company to reshell the SM3 into a custom. I've read too many posts about changed sound signatures from reshelling (usually not to the better).

Also, the Westone 4 are $450, and they sound exactly the same as the single-armature $150 Phonak PFE. It's all relative... :wink:

May 5, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #88 of 1,167
Oh!? You might have saved me $250-$300. Thanks

Quote:
I wouldn't trust any 3rd party company to reshell the SM3 into a custom. I've read too many posts about changed sound signatures from reshelling (usually not to the better).

Also, the Westone 4 are $450, and they sound exactly the same as the single-armature $150 Phonak PFE. It's all relative... :wink:

May 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #89 of 1,167
Hopefully, that won't be the case with reshelling with Earsonics. I'm just getting mine reshelled by them because my headphones happen to be in their hands.

Quote:

May 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #90 of 1,167
Quote:
That's the filter that makes the PFE sound the best for my tastes. To tell you the truth, I'm kinda shocked. Have you posted your results in the W4 thread? I can only imagine all of the angry pm's coming your way
eek.gif

Heh, yeah, I'm afraid that finding might lead to a lot of drama. Not sure how to handle it here on Head-Fi. Here's my full post about it: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=552467&postcount=523  By the way, I had James444 listening to both side by side as well, and he generally thinks the same as me about the W4 and PFE.

Sorry for the off-topic. Back to SM3v2. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back