Sep 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 690

Sopp

100+ Head-Fier
EarSonics S-EM6 universal IEM

http://www.earsonics.com/en/audiophiles-earphones/s-em6-2/

1. Sensitivity: 124 dB/mW
  2. Frequency response : 10 Hz -20 kHz
  3. Impédance: 60 ohms
  4. Driver: 6 balanced armature drivers (2 lows, 2mediums, 2 highs), 3-way passive crossover.

Price: 945.00 EUR

EarSonics S-EM6v2 Universal IEM

http://www.earsonics.com/in-ear-monitors/en/s-em6/

Earsonics' Description
  1. "The sound approach of the S-EM6 V2 is based on "target frequency" with neutrality and source respect without any coloring.
  2. A rich and full sound in all registers with an ability to never become aggressive when the volume is more present.
  3. The high treble goes very far with an incredible fineness and a first ordered level of details.
  4. The EarSonics tool for audiophiles who want a flat and uncompromising rendering."

Specifications
  1. Sensitivity: 112 dB/mW
  2. Frequency response : 10 Hz -22 kHz
  3. Impédance: 30 ohms
  4. Driver: 6 balanced armature drivers (2 low, 2mid, 2 high), 3-way passive crossover.

Reviews & Impressions:

piotrus-g

Rollk2 (compared with TG334)

zenpunk

MuppetFace

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 690
Oh that thing looks sweet!
Way too expensive for me though.
We should get rudi to buy it :D

I haven't had any bad experience with Earsonics so far.

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 690
OOOooops should I get one
popcorn.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #5 of 690
They should have named it the SM128 :p

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 690

When I had my SM3's there was nothing good to say about Earsonics customer service from anyone on head-fi :p

Really nothing? If you say so...
I think it was a nice move  of them to offer a free upgrade for the SM64 for those people who wanted it. Besides that they always answered my emails in a timely manner.

Nevermind, please don't let us derail this into a "crap on Earsonics" thread :/
Not the right place.

Back to the main star here!

Looks like they got rid of their standard narrow nozzle.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 690
  Really nothing? If you say so...
I think it was a nice move  of them to offer a free upgrade for the SM64 for those people who wanted it. Besides that they always answered my emails in a timely manner.

Nevermind, please don't let us derail this into a "crap on Earsonics" thread :/
Not the right place.

Back to the main star here!

Looks like they got rid of their standard narrow nozzle.

Their CS was atrocious during that time, but hey, maybe their CS has improved leaps and bounds. This isn't bashing Earsonics, just warning people that it's something to consider. The SM3 was probably my favorite IEM of all time, but in terms of build quality and customer service - yes it was lacking.

Anyway, like I said - I'm sure they'll sound great. Will their other aspects be worth the price? We'll have to see.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 690
  Is this the first 6 driver universal iem?

Well if not, they would be full on lying on their website :)
That would mean that they are stealing the throne from Heir with their 5.0

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #12 of 690
There's been demo versions of 6-driver CIEMs. There's been well-known ones that've been getting around in demo form more frequently than other modles, for example, Rooth's LS6 or the UM Miracles. Sometimes they sell them to you if you ask the right way - the Chinese market seems more inclined to do that sort of stuff. So it's not been not done, but it's not been done for full-on production, or been primarily tuned for universal usage foremost, I guess.

This probably still wins the title for first full-production 6-driver UIEMs.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #13 of 690
SM3 v2 is one of my all time fave IEM, and I'd probably gamble on this had it been priced somewhere around USD$600, but at 
€945 (=AUD$1,420), it will be too hard to justify...​

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #15 of 690
As far as I can see from the teaser photos there's not much innovation going on, at least in acoustical aspects. Some common 2xCI in series and 2xTWFK in parallel, dual tubing config and a popular acrylic shell. Most if not all >1k$ models we've had so far utilize all sort of crazy and creative ideas, 2x Helmholtz resonator from Sennheiser, acoustical multi-layer low-pass filter from Shure, some patented tech from AKG, titanium plated acoustical horn from FitEar etc.

EarSonics's better reveal if there's anything interesting with their new toy to justify its hi-end-ish price. I heard the demo of the EM6 and my expectations weren't met unfortunately. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back