Earportz Proguard for Westone 4R....how do I put these things in?
Nov 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 6
Haha, I got some of these last week so know exactly what you mean.

I found it's pretty much trial and error - put them on the earphones and force them in (you might have to push past the first bend before they slip in to place)  If you can't get them in or they're not comfortable or the sound is off take them out and rotate the tip by 45 degrees and try again.  If you can't get them in any way you probably need a smaller size.  Once you've got them in rotate the whole earpiece slightly to see if they get any more comfortable, then take them out and rotate the tips that way and put them back in to check.

Since I got them right they are very comfortable and quite easy to insert, but when wrong they're anything neither.  Good luck!

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 6
  Haha, I got some of these last week so know exactly what you mean.

I found it's pretty much trial and error - put them on the earphones and force them in (you might have to push past the first bend before they slip in to place)  If you can't get them in or they're not comfortable or the sound is off take them out and rotate the tip by 45 degrees and try again.  If you can't get them in any way you probably need a smaller size.  Once you've got them in rotate the whole earpiece slightly to see if they get any more comfortable, then take them out and rotate the tips that way and put them back in to check.

Since I got them right they are very comfortable and quite easy to insert, but when wrong they're anything neither.  Good luck!

Thanks man, they do seem pretty good but I think I need to get a better fit with them. I was using the Star tips (red medium) so I'll be comparing using those

Again thanks for the advice

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 6
ok so I did watch you said and now they sound much much better. Pretty great actually although I think I need to experiment with a larger size, I'm using the mediums and am getting a pretty good seal but think a large would be better

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Only 8 minutes?!  You must be good at guessing
biggrin.gif
  Glad you got them in though, hopefully you got the tester pack so have a large to try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back