earphones got wet..
Feb 9, 2015 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cobaltdream

New Head-Fier
hi sorry to post two topics in a few days of each other but i have the sony xba-h3 earphones and last night i was listening to music in bed and threw them on the floor as i was falling asleep and they landed in a half full cup of tea that i had by the side of the bed :frowning2: 
when i woke up today after them maybe being there 7-8 hours i took the main earphone parts off the cable and put them into a bowl of rice on top of the radiator..

i've only had them a few months and they cost over £200 so i don't think i'll be able to replace them anytime soon, what does anyone think the chances are of them working again ..or are they most likely ruined for good?

i'd imagine they use more complicated technology than standard earphones so i'm not hopeful, would be great if they were still working!

cheers :)  

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 5
  hi sorry to post two topics in a few days of each other but i have the sony xba-h3 earphones and last night i was listening to music in bed and threw them on the floor as i was falling asleep and they landed in a half full cup of tea that i had by the side of the bed :frowning2: 
when i woke up today after them maybe being there 7-8 hours i took the main earphone parts off the cable and put them into a bowl of rice on top of the radiator..

i've only had them a few months and they cost over £200 so i don't think i'll be able to replace them anytime soon, what does anyone think the chances are of them working again ..or are they most likely ruined for good?

i'd imagine they use more complicated technology than standard earphones so i'm not hopeful, would be great if they were still working!

cheers :)  

50/50 chance i would say but they were in the cut a long time, its possible they could work again i suppose again but i suppose only uou know that answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back