Earphones/Earbuds with Bass
May 24, 2007 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

usjbm

New Head-Fier
I'm buying an iPod, and wanting to get some new earphones/earbuds, along with it.

Currently I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 headphones, which have been great. Previously all the earphones that I bought only lasted me a few months since I use them pretty loud and expect a lot of bass.

I also run and cycle daily, if that helps with the recommendations.

Basically, I'm looking for some more portable and better sounding earphones that can give me good bass. I listen to hip hop and rock.

I'm looking at the V-Moda Vibe, Shure e2c, Westone UM1, and so on. That should give an idea of the price range I'm looking into. I'm a college student, so I can't spend that much. :p

But selecting earphones seems so complicated; there are so many out there! So basically I'm asking for some recommendations. Thanks! I really appreciate it.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by usjbm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm buying an iPod, and wanting to get some new earphones/earbuds, along with it.

Currently I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 headphones, which have been great. Previously all the earphones that I bought only lasted me a few months since I use them pretty loud and expect a lot of bass.

I also rub and cycle daily, if that helps with the recommendations.

Basically, I'm looking for some more portable and better sounding earphones that can give me good bass. I listen to hip hop and rock.

I'm looking at the V-Moda Vibe, Shure e2c, Westone UM1, and so on. That should give an idea of the price range I'm looking into. I'm a college student, so I can't spend that much. :p

But selecting earphones seems so complicated; there are so many out there! So basically I'm asking for some recommendations. Thanks! I really appreciate it.
smily_headphones1.gif

You could take a look at the Futuresonics Atrio M5's . Cost you roughly $130 on Ebay. I'm a confirmed basshead myself and I find that the bass on these is more than adequate for a lot of the stuff I listen to. And its QUALITY bass as well , rather than a muddy mess that will overpower the rest of the music. Don't know about ' rubbing ' whilst wearing them though (they're v.good but not THAT good
biggrin.gif
) but I do cycle everywhere in them and they're fine for that.

May 25, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 17
jvc marshmallow (aka. fx33)

~$20 at walmart/best buy

it has the bass and overall useful "earphone"

May 25, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 17
Yuin PK2.
If you have an amp, PK1.
Amazing detail and bass from these buds.

lambda.gif

May 26, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 17
OK, Ive owned a various heavy bass budget headphones and heres how I would rate them as bass quantity (10 being most)

9 - K81dj with recable satisfies quite well
7.5 - iGrados adequate bass but cuts off early both sides of the out most frequencies
7 - ep630 - portable iGrados
4 - OVC T25 - v-moda vibes rebrand - really modest in anything imo
3 - ksc75 - clearity and highs/sharpness freak
2- im716 - tried my friends pair - just a bit more bass quantity than ibuds imo
1 - mx400 - forget about these

If you want running, then the best choice are not iems/canalphones because
1. They block out traffic noise
2. There will be crazy microphonics

End recommendation - iGrados from MY experience for running.

V-moda bass freqs are going to be quite similar to the ep630s and the SF5eb arent worth x14 the price over the ep630s. Rest assure, the 630s will not have a very distinct difference with the cx300s

forget about the ex71 casuse its just bass and muddiness in the mids and highs

This is a good start but still better than those who gave advices with just one word that doesnt really help anyone at all...

In the end, I just gave up the whole bass thing, and in your situation I was trying to achieve something like a home theater with at least when I dish out 200+ bucks at. I am going with the X3s now because it seems people just enjoy it.. Hope I would too when it arrives..

May 26, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #12 of 17
Crossroads mylar XB, Great bass extension and impact + it does a very good job with everything else. if you want really cheap look at the JVC FX33. Doesnt have the clarity of the XB, but packs plenty of bass.

May 26, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #14 of 17
May 26, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by subfocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could take a look at the Futuresonics Atrio M5's . Cost you roughly $130 on Ebay. I'm a confirmed basshead myself and I find that the bass on these is more than adequate for a lot of the stuff I listen to. And its QUALITY bass as well , rather than a muddy mess that will overpower the rest of the music. Don't know about ' rubbing ' whilst wearing them though (they're v.good but not THAT good
biggrin.gif
) but I do cycle everywhere in them and they're fine for that.

I second the Future Sonics Atrio M5. I've been LOVING listening on these for almost a month now. The bass is definitely LOW, and not muddy. If you get them, be sure to pick up the black Shure foamies.. they very much increase the comfort, seal, and therefore the quality of the bass. From what I can gather in another Atrio thread, if you take medium standard foamies, the Shures are a tad smaller in the same size.

Good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back