Earphones $100 and under?
Jun 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Custom1

Head-Fier
Hello, I'm thinking of buying my first pair of premium earphones today for $100 and under. The products I have found in that range after extensive research include:

Shure SE215 - $90 Amazon
Monster Turbine - $78 Amazon
Ultimate ears 700 - $95 ebay
Ultimate ears 600 - $81 Amazon

I'm not exactly an audiophile but I listen to all kinds of music. From pop to techno to dubstep and even some occasional classical msuic. But my favourite type of music would have to be dubstep. So good bass is a big requirement. Noise isolation is also quite a big factor. My top choice would have to be the shures. But which pair of IEMs do you guys think I should purchase taking in account my preferences? If you have any recommendations please keep it strictly under $100 and available on ebay or amazon. Thanks a lot!

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 10
I think Turbines will be best suited to your preferences. They suit a wide range of genres, (especially dubstep) and for myself  Monsters tips isolate well. Just be sure to insert them correctly in this video just as Crystal shows you. For the price of Turbines now plus the over vamped Monster packaging you get some real value for money. They're seriously good IEM's in your price range. 

= 1 vote for Turbines.

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 10
Both UEs are very good, but I can almost guarantee that they will not have the bass you're looking for to listen to dubstep. I'd recommend going with either the SE215 or Turbine. The swivel connectors of the SE215 gave me some fit problems, but the replaceable cable may come in handy if/when the cable goes out. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Both UEs are very good, but I can almost guarantee that they will not have the bass you're looking for to listen to dubstep. I'd recommend going with either the SE215 or Turbine. The swivel connectors of the SE215 gave me some fit problems, but the replaceable cable may come in handy if/when the cable goes out. 

I can second the bass found on UE earphones.

I was listening to some dubstep last night with my TF10, sub-bass is almost non existent. I was happily listening away waiting for a very low bass-drop that usually gets some serious bass shaking going on.... So there I was waiting for the big climax which hits deep down low, it hits and the TF10 just go dead silent, not a whisper from them. What??.... It feels like you're missing part of the music. Apart from that I love them. But for this thread my recommendation stays with Turbines.

Just had to tell someone.

Jun 19, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
Bought the shures for around $100 off amazon :)

Turbines lost out eh? 
regular_smile .gif
 Oh well, I'm sure you'll be happy with the Shures, they were both nice choices. 

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back