Earphone recs for METAL ($50-$80)
Mar 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Persefone

New Head-Fier
Hey. So I'm looking for some earphones that sound good overall for all subgenres of metal/rock. I had a pair of Klipsch S2's for the past year and they sounded great to me but then the wiring screwed up and I couldn't hear out of them anymore. I can't really afford an expensive pair right now so I'd figure you guys could help me find something in my price range.

Examples of music I listen to: Acid Bath, Agalloch, Atheist, Blind Guardian, The Chasm, Dismember, Slough Feg, The Ocean, Persefone, Ulver

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 4
of all the earphones i've tried for this genre, and i've tried a lot trust me, and in this price range. go with the cx500 or the cc51

Mar 2, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't have much to add, other than Persefone are a great band (as well as Slough Feg, The Chasm, Acid Bath, Atheist, BG, Ulver...).

\m/

I'm also looking for earphones in this price range, though I've settled on $80 as a figure. It's between the Re-Zeros and the Sunrise Xcapes for me. I don't necessarily want metal earphones, though, I want more of a jack-of-all-trades. If it's too upfront like some of the metal-oriented phones seem to be, it's hard for me to listen to stuff that's dissonant and ugly, like Gorguts - Obscura.

Mar 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm a big "metal head" myself (BG, Gorod, Gojira, Enslaved, etc.) and have found that I really like the clarity my Q-jays offer me, though those are totally out of your price range. What I could offer you buying is a pair of Monster Turbines; you will usually find them for sub 80$ on this forum and can buy them refurbished directly from Monster for 50$ at their Outlet Store. I would have recommended the HJE900's, because those are excellent at the 90$ price point they were at, but they are now upwards of 200$ 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back