earphone comparisons - help
Oct 19, 2007 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

daveyostrow

1000+ Head-Fier
ok, i need some clarity. since i realized that smaller phones would be more suitable i have seen the ER6i, the d-jays and westone UM1. i think the v-mod is bigger but im not sure.

apparently the d-jays are clearer "grado" like but what are the er6i like... (heard good stuff about the CK7 too)? they both look small and even kind of flimsy but i take acre of my things.
im also assuming the um1 trumps them both (and are hard to find in the FS forums) but what do i know.

o, and i am coming from cx300 to crossroads x3.

Oct 19, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 7
I have the v-Moda Vibes, they're going back as the bass is good but the mids are recessed and a bit muffled, and the highs are poor. I have all 3 of the d-JAYS, MD33s, ATH-CK7, EX90, and a few others on the way from audiocubes and i'll be posting a review of them, Super.Fi 5, Creative EP630, and probably others in a month or so.

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 7
sounds great, all you need are the er6i/7i and the UM1.
looking forward.

the panasonic HJE71 look interesting too.
rp-hje70-s.jpg

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 7
Seems like the consensus says that in terms of clarity, it's etymotic > westone > jays > v-moda, but the etymotic/altec lansings are known to be very neutral-sounding with high-clarity in exchange for bass. If you want more balance, westones and jays are your better bet since they actually provide isolation as opposed to the v-modas.

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #7 of 7
ok, i have heard the im616 compared to the X3s and the im616 has close to no bass compared, though they are more comfortable and are more minimalistic which is nice.
but from what i understand the ER6i and the djays are also more airy (less bass).
are there a pair of phones that can compensate for the bass and be more minimalist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back