Earphone Choice? I am at Denon 751 at the moment..
Apr 10, 2010 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

philiptw

100+ Head-Fier
Price-wise..

Preferably below 200GBP...

Uses and comfort..

Comfort is definitely a factor, although I havn't found the er6i tri flange too
uncomfy so that might suggest something
tongue.gif

I listen to it in the library, at home, on the streets .. all the time.. I am looking for some really solid headphones

Past earphones and current..

CX300 - lets not talk about it..

ER6i - Good isolation, although it does have to go in deep.. soundstage very narrow, lack in base, good clarity of vocal although I struggle to hear the emotions in the music (using APE/FLAC)

Currently using Denon 751 (burned in for at least 150 hrs), I have mod'd it to Shure A910 foam tips, I find it quite comfy, although I find the mid and highs a bit rounded, not clear enough for my liking.. the bass itself..erm..people say they like it but I think it should have more impact, yet not overwhelm the mids and high..

My Fiio e5 should be arriving soon and after trolling around, people did suggest an amp do make 751 sound better..although I am gonna be neutral before I actually get to use it!

current sound source, ipod touch generation 2.. (i know i know..I should get better sources..) and I am waiting for the Cowon J3 to come out =D

Genre of music etc..

Classical, Taiwanese-pop (vocal heavy), original sound tracks from movies (such as transformers etc)..

I have to emphasize that I would like to hear the actual emotions and touches of vocals.. but at the same time I dont want to lose the bass impacts and depths :S

Thanks to you all in advance!
first time posting
ksc75smile.gif

EDIT: sorry! i realised i posted in the wrong forum and I cant find the delete button =.=
could any admin please move this to the portable section? really sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back