Earpeace LiveWires Review...
Apr 13, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 26
where can you get these and where can we find more info. I tried googling but didn't come up with anything...

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 26
Wow, great price for a custom. Do you know when they're planning their production run?

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, great price for a custom. Do you know when they're planning their production run?

if i remember right, they've just started, but i'm still fact-checking a few things before my "official" review goes up.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw on about.com that you wrote a favorable review of the new Future Sonics M5s and the Softerwear sleeves. How does this combo compare with the Livewires?

well, comparing the two is a little difficult, but i'll do my best. basically, the atrio (as you know) is a dynamic-driver earphone, and the livewires (and most other customs) are balanced armature-type earphones. that means that they have a drastically different sound signature, and quite a bit of difference when it comes to presentation.

atrio's bass is really where it stands out. it's deep, natural, and detailed while keeping the "fun" factor of other bassy earphones while giving a level of detail that keeps critical listeners and recording engineers like me happy. the mid-range is also deatiled without being bloated, but there's slightly less high-end detail.

sense of soundstage is bigger on the atrio, compared to the livewires. however, the detail on the high end is much different on the livewires, but they're not nearly as "textured".

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #9 of 26
Nice review! What are their specs? On their website I can't find them.

Apr 13, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 26
I've always been curious about custom IEMs. At that price, I just may be VERY curious!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 26
Ya, I need to pick some of these up. But I want to swing by their offices to get the impressions made the next time I'm in the bay area. I'd rather not pay an audioligist $50-100 to take impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back