EarMen ST-Amp
Mar 4, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #16 of 63

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #23 of 63
The EarMen ST-Amp arrived yesterday and I quickly took some pictures. It is a solid, weighty piece of audio. The front panel is exquisite, with a matte surface that gives it a unique feel. I really like the switches, I wish many were like that. The potentiometer offers a resistance to movement that gives it a superior level of precision and prevents it from moving by accident. The gold-plated connections are what the law requires. As a curiosity, it has three rubber feet.
So far I have tested it with two DACs, the Aune X8 XVIII with OpAmp Muse01 and with the TempoTec Serenade X. The sound is very natural, with a very musical analogue feel. On the one hand, it kills the cold feeling of the dual ES9219 DACs of the Serenade X, linked by the balanced input. The streamer generates very concise bass to which the ST-Amp manages to add texture and body. The X8's RCA linking is most delightful and lush. The physicality, impact and descriptive texture of the bass is felt from the very first moment. The musicality of the set is superior, Aune X8 XVIII + Muse01 + EarMen ST-Amp, overall a sound full of force, almost lusty, very direct, with plenty of punch and fullness. I've been hooked on the pair all afternoon trying many IEMS and, really, I can say that I'm enjoying it a lot. Above all, because of the huge sense of immersive realism I'm feeling.

I also had a bit of time to make some quick idle measurements across the whole frequency range. This amp is capable of generating 4V per SE and goes up to 8V per BAL.

2023-02-19_002851.jpg2023-02-19_002903.jpg2023-02-19_002915.jpg2023-02-19_002922.jpg2023-02-19_002952.jpg2023-02-19_003000.jpg
How does the ST-Amp sound paired with the Angel?
I have the Angel, yet to take the plunge to ST-Amp

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #24 of 63
How does the ST-Amp sound paired with the Angel?
I have the Angel, yet to take the plunge to ST-Amp
I have tested it, but not in depth. I am now engaged in the review of a DAC connected to the ST-Amp and the sound is very neutral and pure. Soon it will be the ST-Amp's turn to be reviewed and that will be when it will be connected for many hours to the Angel. If you have a little patience you will have a full review.

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #25 of 63
I have tested it, but not in depth. I am now engaged in the review of a DAC connected to the ST-Amp and the sound is very neutral and pure. Soon it will be the ST-Amp's turn to be reviewed and that will be when it will be connected for many hours to the Angel. If you have a little patience you will have a full review.
Sure thing mate! I have also reviewed the Angel and like it a lot, just curious on how the ST-Amp and the Angel pairing will sound like.
Will wait for your thoughts mate! Many thanks

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #27 of 63
Why would it be necessary to pair the Angel with the ST ? Higher sampling capacities ? MQA decoding function ?
I am planning on providing the ST source material from a SONY NW A306 DAP…..
It is not necessary to pair the Angel with the ST-Amp. Angel is very powerful. But, since I have both, I like to try them both, also because Angel has a balanced output that matches the balanced input of the ST-Amp.
I've also tested the ST-Amp with the Tempotec Serenade X via the same balanced connection.

Mar 30, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #30 of 63
I’m really starting to enjoy the little AMP DAC with my Meze Pro 109s.
The detail clarity and soundstage are just what I hoped for….
The Mezes ar3 a bit bass light but the sound staging is magnificent……
Rory Gallagher neve4 sounded so good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back