Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 14, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #74,401 of 75,722
Flathead earbud-style earphone wise you couldn't go wrong with the Toneking Green Mamba for superb wide soundstage but be warned they are hot!

1710421168112.png

The Flathead Corner
And he's back :beerchug:

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #74,402 of 75,722
It depends on

It depends on the sound signature you like, both are great options on the budget, but If you want a different signature, an earbuds that outperform YE365 and Rosemary IMHO, https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPSndEe on Titatium diafragm, pair it with some cable that you can find a lot in good price, this ones prevent me from buyin more expensive earbuds, becouse with donut foams are so lively, great hitting bass, forwarded vocals and very crispy highs!, is a fun V shape sound signature that makes all my music come alive! easy to drive, The Rosemary and YE365 are more relaxed and dark. In all options don´t forget to give them time to burn, this really change the game.
Thank you @dinamojuan for this recommendation. My new shiny's and cable came in today, and they sound and look great. I paired them with this cable(I wish I could take a pic but my hand shake too much for photos). A nice blue and silver cable to go with the transparent shells look so good.

First impressions is that the bass is hitting nice and punchy. Listening to Bob Marley is always a joy, but even moreso with bass that hits. The mids are just a tad forward, which I like. They're well done. Vocals/guitars/horns are smooth and not drowning anything out. The highs are detailed but not sibilant. Nothing makes my ears say ouch, and I can hear nice details as well.

All in all I'm very happy I rolled the dice on these. I've only been listening to them for about 5 hours, but it's been a very enjoyable 5 hours.

I'll update when the honeymoon wears off. I'm also going to play with some eq and see what I can come up with(I eq everything now). And if anyone is interested it is the titanium ones that I got.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #74,403 of 75,722
Mar 14, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #74,404 of 75,722
Hey Guys,

Shameless plug here...I am selling my TGX Ear Revelstoke in 4.4 in the classifieds.

Not listed in Classifieds:
I also want to let go of my TGX Ear Serratus Steel bell, Tantalus plastic bell, Ripples, and Sunniva buds. I am also letting go of my Fiio FF3 in black
If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

Hope ya'll have a great weekened. :)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #74,405 of 75,722
Oh my bad. I misunderstood. I thought you had already ordered them. I thought that was a big order to make. 🙃

Like I said I think you'll dig the iris 2.0. But honestly I'm liking on the Iris Ancestor right now. It's got the same clear mids and crisp highs(in a good way) of the Iris 2.0, but there's a couple two or three extra decibels in the sub bass region. Which sounds really really good. I'm actually a little shocked that these aren't talked about more. I like the bass on these more than the Yincrow x6.

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents. Enjoy those new shiny's when you get them!

By the way, be careful using buds out and about. You might crank the volume too much and make your ears say ouch!!! Speaking from my own experience of doing this.

Beautiful build
I love Iris Ancestor when I'm in the mood for a bass bud! My experience is generally limited to the budget segment so far though. Which I am surprised to read that FF1 isn't that well received. I love mine with donut foams. Powerful V shape with plenty off bass, crispness, and good timbre to my ears. Love them.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #74,406 of 75,722
Hey Guys,

Shameless plug here...I am selling my TGX Ear Revelstoke in 4.4 in the classifieds.

Not listed in Classifieds:
I also want to let go of my TGX Ear Serratus Steel bell, Tantalus plastic bell, Ripples, and Sunniva buds. I am also letting go of my Fiio FF3 in black
If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

Hope ya'll have a great weekened. :)
😱😱 Are you thinning the collection??

Thoughts on shipping to Singapore? Asking for a friend

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #74,407 of 75,722
Flathead earbud-style earphone wise you couldn't go wrong with the Toneking Green Mamba for superb wide soundstage but be warned they are hot!

1710421168112.png

The Flathead Corner
Nice to see you still around. :beerchug: Hope your ear health is keeping up.

I had another try at listening to a bunch of iems to see if I liked them. A $3000 single DD one that was pretty nice. Bunch of others.

I wouldn't turn away the $3000 iem if someone were to give it to me (anyone?), but everything else was outclassed by a personally tuned diy flathead that I had brought with me. You can't beat the ability to match your own preferences instead of some target that is supposed to match some percentage of the average person.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #74,408 of 75,722
If you are in Japan, or can otherwise shop at e-earphone.jp (I don't know their shipping policies), they are discounting their used Moondrop Chaconnes right now. I see 20 of them in the sale all for around $130USD. I think its a good price?

There are also some used Audio Technica ATH-CM2000Ti, if you can handle both the name and the price tag, at around $180.

In order to see the sale, I think you need to register on the site, since I had to log in after I followed the link from my email.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #74,409 of 75,722
This is a little offtop, but what top tier player should I look at after my Hidizs AP80 Pro-X? For use with earbuds only. With neutral signature.
I want to keep the compact size and portability, but have to get a MUCH better sound level.
Maybe Aune M1P? Cayin N3 Ultra (although it seems to be too big)?
Something else?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #74,410 of 75,722
Thank you @dinamojuan for this recommendation. My new shiny's and cable came in today, and they sound and look great. I paired them with this cable(I wish I could take a pic but my hand shake too much for photos). A nice blue and silver cable to go with the transparent shells look so good.

First impressions is that the bass is hitting nice and punchy. Listening to Bob Marley is always a joy, but even moreso with bass that hits. The mids are just a tad forward, which I like. They're well done. Vocals/guitars/horns are smooth and not drowning anything out. The highs are detailed but not sibilant. Nothing makes my ears say ouch, and I can hear nice details as well.

All in all I'm very happy I rolled the dice on these. I've only been listening to them for about 5 hours, but it's been a very enjoyable 5 hours.

I'll update when the honeymoon wears off. I'm also going to play with some eq and see what I can come up with(I eq everything now). And if anyone is interested it is the titanium ones that I got.

Great to hear you finally got and like them! I recommend Donut foams, they allow transparency and bass, I´m a fan of eq, they response well to it, finaly, try some live performances, they are great for them. I´ve been tempted to make a vent on them, sometimes feel that they are a little closed, and the air that the bass creates, neeeds a way out, maybe I´ll try it, after buying other copy for back up.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #74,411 of 75,722
This is a little offtop, but what top tier player should I look at after my Hidizs AP80 Pro-X? For use with earbuds only. With neutral signature.
I want to keep the compact size and portability, but have to get a MUCH better sound level. Not just in nuances, listening to small things and in power.
Maybe Aune M1P? Cayin N3 Ultra (although it seems to be too big)?
Something else?
I think Shanling H5 will be good. It can be also a "DAP"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_175356_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_175356_AliExpress.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240315_175617_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_175617_AliExpress.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240315_175639_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_175639_AliExpress.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #74,412 of 75,722
@0ostin0 Also in the Shanling family, I recently received the M1S and have been really impressed by this little DAP. I was wary of the ESS chip, and of the user experience as a whole, but it powers my Ucotech ES-P2 with no issues and I've been really enjoying it. To my ears, a neutral signature, not lacking in detail and not fatiguing over longer sessions while I'm at the office.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #74,413 of 75,722
I love Iris Ancestor when I'm in the mood for a bass bud! My experience is generally limited to the budget segment so far though. Which I am surprised to read that FF1 isn't that well received. I love mine with donut foams. Powerful V shape with plenty off bass, crispness, and good timbre to my ears. Love them.
I'll have to try them with donut foams. I'm a real fan of the bass on these as well. Try eq'ing them, they respond really well
Great to hear you finally got and like them! I recommend Donut foams, they allow transparency and bass, I´m a fan of eq, they response well to it, finaly, try some live performances, they are great for them. I´ve been tempted to make a vent on them, sometimes feel that they are a little closed, and the air that the bass creates, neeeds a way out, maybe I´ll try it, after buying other copy for back up.
Now that I've spent a whole day with them, I can say that they are a tad too sparkly up top for my tastes. Nothing terrible, just a tad hot for me. But eq clears that right up. I'm loving the clarity. But jazz is my most listened to genre, and when a brass his a real high note it can be a bit much.

And please let me know if you make a vent and how it turns out. I may do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back