Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 15, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #72,511 of 75,719
Hello Everyone,

I need suggestions for MMCX earbuds which can trigger High Impedance Mode in my LG V60, impedance more than 50 ohm.

I normally listen to Indian Bollywood Music, Ghazals and look for clarity, instrument separation.

As I also use mic for calling, having mmcx cable with mic helps a lot.

The Earbuds I have used earlier:
Ourart Ti7 (liked it a lot but broke while removing mmcx cable)
Smabat M2s Pro (works, but mmcx got loose)
Monk Lite (Liked a lot, size is also good.
**** PT15 (currently using)

Other headphone I have used:
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless
Hifiman He400i

I thought of getting Smabat ST20 but heard it to be very big in size.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Amit
Idk how they sound but you can try getting Toneking TO65/TO180/TO300 also QIGOM S130A

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #72,512 of 75,719
Hello Everyone,

I need suggestions for MMCX earbuds which can trigger High Impedance Mode in my LG V60, impedance more than 50 ohm.

I normally listen to Indian Bollywood Music, Ghazals and look for clarity, instrument separation.

Hifiman He400i

Please suggest.

Regards,

Amit

Smabat ST10S Black Gold.

Would suggest to avoid the ST20 Pro, that is a torture device, with a massive 3 kHz icepick. Unless you don't mind EQing. It is very big too yes, fit is an issue other than the wonky tuning.

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #72,513 of 75,719
FranQL Blue Moon + Clan Audio (Gordie)

When I'm finished refurbishing my living room, I need to sit down and make a good post/mini review for Fran. I am stunned every time and get lost in music. Nice that Fran and Gordie will work forward on getting cable an earbud combo together.

1000016854.jpg

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #72,514 of 75,719
FranQL Blue Moon + Clan Audio (Gordie)

When I'm finished refurbishing my living room, I need to sit down and make a good post/mini review for Fran. I am stunned every time and get lost in music. Nice that Fran and Gordie will work forward on getting cable an earbud combo together.

1000016854.jpg
When I'm finished refurbishing my living room...
Hope it will be soon:beerchug:

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #72,515 of 75,719
Besides the recc's already given, I would also recommend the PAC earbuds from Penon. They're $50, but can be gotten as a free gift if buying select earphone cables. You could buy this $34.00 cable and get the PAC earbuds for free. You have to register and be signed in at Penon, add the cable and PAC buds to the shopping cart. The PAC buds will show up as $0 in the shopping cart. Nice deal for some nice sounding bassy buds.

I'll second these. Definitely not worth $50, but paired with some donut foams it makes for an improvement on the X6.

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #72,516 of 75,719
Hello Everyone,

Hifiman He400i

Please suggest.

Regards,

Amit
Hey, I have Kobe Audio Poseidon, mmcx, 300 Ohm, which I believe will trigger the high impedance mode. Please pm if you would like to get it. The sound profile matches your requirements. I have cable with mic as well.

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #72,518 of 75,719
I'll second these. Definitely not worth $50, but paired with some donut foams it makes for an improvement on the X6.
The right side stopped playing after about 2 weeks of use, maybe it's not a common problem, maybe it was just me. Sonically though I really don't consider them worth 50€, their sound is heavily on the dark side without enough sparkle and detail. But everyone tastes something different 🖖

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #72,519 of 75,719
Hey, I have Kobe Audio Poseidon, mmcx, 300 Ohm, which I believe will trigger the high impedance mode. Please pm if you would like to get it. The sound profile matches your requirements. I have cable with mic as well.

Is there a second earbud going by Poseidon now, or did K's rename at some point? The original are TOTL earbuds that were around $500USD or so with silver shells and MMCX. Beautiful earbuds with a lovely sound.

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #72,520 of 75,719
Besides the recc's already given, I would also recommend the PAC earbuds from Penon. They're $50, but can be gotten as a free gift if buying select earphone cables. You could buy this $34.00 cable and get the PAC earbuds for free. You have to register and be signed in at Penon, add the cable and PAC buds to the shopping cart. The PAC buds will show up as $0 in the shopping cart. Nice deal for some nice sounding bassy buds.
Went ahead and ordered these. Been awhile since I've used Penon and considering the offer, it feels like a good choice.

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #72,521 of 75,719
Is there a second earbud going by Poseidon now, or did K's rename at some point? The original are TOTL earbuds that were around $500USD or so with silver shells and MMCX. Beautiful earbuds with a lovely sound.
Pretty sure Kobe Audio is an entirely different thing.

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #72,522 of 75,719
Hello Everyone,

Hifiman He400i

Please suggest.

Regards,

Amit

Have you tried adding impedance adapter? Not sure it'll work, I mean surely worth a try if High Impedance Mode is all you wanted. Then you don't have to limit you options.

Also I believe there's tutorial on how to enable High Impedance Mode with settings/software online. I remember seeing a related thread on XDA Forums.

-1522065864-1580286184.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #72,523 of 75,719
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #72,524 of 75,719
How do we get in on the @FranQL audio goodness, out of curiosity?
We can't :frowning2: i don't think money will buy us into his audio club 😭
Sadly 😭 but I'm happy for those lucky few who's able to get theirs tho
Have you tried adding impedance adapter? Not sure it'll work, I mean surely worth a try if High Impedance Mode is all you wanted. Then you don't have to limit you options.

Also I believe there's tutorial on how to enable High Impedance Mode with settings/software online. I remember seeing a related thread on XDA Forums.

-1522065864-1580286184.jpg
Yeah I think it will work tho it might change the way it will sound (heavily dependent on what drivers are inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back