Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 2, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #62,371 of 75,725
Any direct comparisons/rankings available that include both midrange/high-end earbuds and IEMs? I'm looking for stuff that's at least around technically competent as a Moondrop Dusk, but having only tried budget earbuds means I lack reference points to predict how good an earbud sounds based on impressions or reviews of it.

I'm working on such comparison for the review of Fiio FF3. I rate stuffs in terms of absolute performance, regardless of price and form factor, so you can use my rating to compare.

Regarding your question, I don't know about other ear buds but this FF3 with donut foam stomps almost everything in my collection in terms of technical performance, including the non-Dusk Blessing 2. It's bass is behind the bass canon E5000 in terms of quantity, and its resolution is behind Andromeda 2020 (which is more or less U12t level in my A/B tests). However, FF3 does not have the slightly muddy sound of E5000 nor the lack of dynamic of Andromeda 2020.

If you like Dusk, FF3 upper mid might be a bit hot for you, because FF3 ear gain sounds similar to Blessing 2, whilst Crinacle has already reduced the upper midrange of Dusk.

If I were you, I would wait until September to see Fiio FF5 first. Perhaps they can improve upon FF3?

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #62,372 of 75,725
Any direct comparisons/rankings available that include both midrange/high-end earbuds and IEMs? I'm looking for stuff that's at least around technically competent as a Moondrop Dusk, but having only tried budget earbuds means I lack reference points to predict how good an earbud sounds based on impressions or reviews of it.

It is hard to compare both types of transducers head to head, essentially, it is an apples to oranges comparison between earbuds and IEMs, cause they both have their pros and cons.

For example, most earbuds will lose to IEMs in isolation and hence sub-bass. Perhaps also earbuds might lose out in micro-detailing, but earbuds beat most IEMs in soundstage. Think of earbuds as mini open backed headphones.

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #62,373 of 75,725
Is this the one?
Yes that is the one. But they don't look like that. Apparently, they don't update their photos very often. It has a stem on it, is made of wood, and has a fixed cable.
Those are photos of exactly what I have, the original Yinman 600 with MMCX connectors from 5 years ago.

HTB1mWb2RVXXXXX4apXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg
HTB12gb3RVXXXXa3apXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #62,374 of 75,725
I'm working on such comparison for the review of Fiio FF3. I rate stuffs in terms of absolute performance, regardless of price and form factor, so you can use my rating to compare.

Regarding your question, I don't know about other ear buds but this FF3 with donut foam stomps almost everything in my collection in terms of technical performance, including the non-Dusk Blessing 2. It's bass is behind the bass canon E5000 in terms of quantity, and its resolution is behind Andromeda 2020 (which is more or less U12t level in my A/B tests). However, FF3 does not have the slightly muddy sound of E5000 nor the lack of dynamic of Andromeda 2020.

If you like Dusk, FF3 upper mid might be a bit hot for you, because FF3 ear gain sounds similar to Blessing 2, whilst Crinacle has already reduced the upper midrange of Dusk.

If I were you, I would wait until September to see Fiio FF5 first. Perhaps they can improve upon FF3?
I’m waiting for your review.

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #62,375 of 75,725
Those are photos of exactly what I have, the original Yinman 600 with MMCX connectors from 5 years ago.

HTB1mWb2RVXXXXX4apXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg
HTB12gb3RVXXXXa3apXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg
Is it good?

Aug 3, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #62,376 of 75,725
Is it good?
I have now heard most if not all iterations (except for the 2021 rerun) of the Yinman 音曼 600 and believe they all sound the same or damn near to.

2016 - Yinman 音曼 600; 640Ω (no wooden stem; fixed cable; impedance was higher than the listed 600Ω)​
2016 (2018, 2019) - Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600; 600Ω (no wooden stem; mmcx) *​
2022 - Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE; 600Ω (w/ long wooden stem; fixed cable)​
* Only the MMCX version, the Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 ("醇净" <<Chún Jìng>> = "Pure/Purified") that was first launched back in 2016, has been reissued three (3) times in low-count 'limited reruns' in 2018, 2019, and recently in 2021 which is now again completely sold out and thus why Longyao-Yinman launched a new 2022 model with updated shells with stems as seen on the DR08, DR09, and Green Bull.

Is Yinman 2.0 600LE comparable to VE sun copper? Is it one of the best? I would like to try but I have VE stay on my desk.
Although they sit in the same primary sound signature neighborhood: mid-centric - warm & airy... other than that they are vastly different sounding earbuds to my ears. The VE Sun Copper builds and greatly expands on the VE Zen 2 and VE House Sound. I do like the VE Sun Copper (I have borrowed it a few times from a friend) and found it to be much better than even the flagship VE Zen SU (another good friend of mine owns it) and even markedly better than my VE Sun Dice which I departed with back about two years ago when I minimalized my audio gear collection. I was considering to buy a pair of VE Sun Copper for myself but hesitant to as it sits low on my personal ranking list at seventh place in comparison to the Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE which sits at third place tied with RikuBuds Berserker 1 and PureSounds 醇声 PureTone PS100-600S.

So to summarize in my mind and by my personal tastes the Yinman 音曼 600 is one of the top five (5) earbuds I have ever owned and/or listened to.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #62,377 of 75,725
I had a look at this on AE recently quite a few times. Nice to see that you actually bought them and found good too. I was considering them too but wasn't sure abt the sound quality and also not having MMCX type. But I can order as it comes with Cable too. But does it has Straight plug type? Good Bass too as you already mentioned abt Sub-Bass feel as well.
It's a straight 2-pin insert. So far, it's snug and tight and doesn't fall out, which was my main concern. It's a very good earbud for such a low price.

-Clear

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #62,379 of 75,725
I have now heard most if not all iterations (except for the 2021 rerun) of the Yinman 音曼 600 and believe they all sound the same or damn near to.

2016 - Yinman 音曼 600; 640Ω (no wooden stem; fixed cable; impedance was higher than the listed 600Ω)​
2016 (2018, 2019) - Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600; 600Ω (no wooden stem; mmcx) *​
2022 - Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE; 600Ω (w/ long wooden stem; fixed cable)​
* Only the MMCX version, the Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 ("醇净" <<Chún Jìng>> = "Pure/Purified") that was first launched back in 2016, has been reissued three (3) times in low-count 'limited reruns' in 2018, 2019, and recently in 2021 which is now again completely sold out and thus why Longyao-Yinman launched a new 2022 model with updated shells with stems as seen on the DR08, DR09, and Green Bull.

Although they sit in the same primary sound signature neighborhood: mid-centric - warm & airy... other than that they are vastly different sounding earbuds to my ears. The VE Sun Copper builds and greatly expands on the VE Zen 2 and VE House Sound. I do like the VE Sun Copper (I have borrowed it a few times from a friend) and found it to be much better than even the flagship VE Zen SU (another good friend of mine owns it) and even markedly better than my VE Sun Dice which I departed with back about two years ago when I minimalized by audio gear collection. I was considering to buy a pair of VE Sun Copper for myself but hesitant to as it sits low on my personal ranking list at seventh place in comparison to the Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE which sits at third place tied with RikuBuds Berserker 1 and PureSounds 醇声 PureTone PS100-600S.

So to summarize in my mind and by my personal tastes the Yinman 音曼 600 is one of the top five (5) earbuds I have ever owned and/or listened to.
Very clear! Thx!

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #62,381 of 75,725
I really need to figure out where my wife has hidden the White Face which he swiped from me and perform a solid comparison between the two.
Mine is half deaf. She's a keeper.

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #62,382 of 75,725
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #62,383 of 75,725
Just wondering if you could let me know which would be better, this tingo or faaeal rosemary? if you have tried it :wink:
My personal vote would be for the Faaeal Rosemary; 150Ω but do realize it is of much higher impedance and it's drivers do scale well with just a little bit more power. What is your source?

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #62,384 of 75,725
Just wondering if you could let me know which would be better, this tingo or faaeal rosemary? if you have tried it :wink:

Tingo is kinda of V shaped, big soundstage and quite technical and on the brighter side. Easy to drive, but I didn't like the timbral accuracy on it.

Faaeal Rosemary is L shaped, dark, thicker note weight, very bassy and warm. It needs amplification due to the 150 ohm impedance. Not as detailed or technical as the Tingo, but Rosemary is very non fatiguing and smooth.

Do be aware that the hype over the Tingo was over the initial batches. After it was sold out, the manufacturers scrambled to meet demand and apparently the new batch of Tingos sound different than the original. The new batches use a different shell and I have some friends locally who have both types and report the new ones sound worse.

Aug 3, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #62,385 of 75,725
Tingo is kinda of V shaped, big soundstage and quite technical and on the brighter side. Easy to drive, but I didn't like the timbral accuracy on it.

Faaeal Rosemary is L shaped, dark, thicker note weight, very bassy and warm. It needs amplification due to the 150 ohm impedance. Not as detailed or technical as the Tingo, but Rosemary is very non fatiguing and smooth.

Do be aware that the hype over the Tingo was over the initial batches. After it was sold out, the manufacturers scrambled to meet demand and apparently the new batch of Tingos sound different than the original. The new batches use a different shell and I have some friends locally who have both types and report the new ones sound worse.
:point_up_2: What he said!

Very well put and totally hitting the nail right on the head in all regards!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back