Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #14,911 of 75,857
That looks to be a slighty different shape from the E100. Similar design, but a little different.

Sadly I can't find my working set of E100, or I would recable them... the rest have at least 1 dead driver :frowning2:
same
15288609_1235969259830884_7793508573487198386_o.jpg

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #14,912 of 75,857
If I can find sound just like ty 320 ohm but with improved lower mid Ala she3800 I would really considering. Anybody own both and know what I mean maybe can give some suggestion. I love she3800 lower mid its something different from my all other buds.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #14,913 of 75,857
TY HP-32s seems the same with better cable with red sleeve.
"Wire:Copper and silver mixed woven"

On taobao, there is HP-32R with red sleeve too and several versions, I'll investigate later on that.
The Colarad C01 looks the same with red sleeve, red shells and Colarad markings...

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #14,914 of 75,857
If I can find sound just like ty 320 ohm but with improved lower mid Ala she3800 I would really considering. Anybody own both and know what I mean maybe can give some suggestion. I love she3800 lower mid its something different from my all other buds.

Maybe one of the Indonesian made buds :wink: But I never had TY 320, only the different Seahf 320, so i can't comment on that exact sound

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #14,917 of 75,857

Sent me your CampFred / CAX Black and I'll tell you exactly how I think about them
biggrin.gif

...then again, when I read that they have stiff cable, something on my head just automatically get turned off. I just can't use any earphone that don't like to be moved around.

I could do that with CampFred, but I'm guarding CAX black with my life!

I might not stop buying earbuds (I'm too much of an earbud junkie for that), but at least I am now out of the "mid tier" market. I probably won't buy any more earbuds between $20-120 (or something like that). I'll stick to budget ones (Qian39 is really great for a sub $10 earbud!) and TOTL ones.

Received an order the other day that I made almost 1,5 month ago. I think it was just before or after I had ordered the QFreds.
It was Music maker TY2, **** PT15 and Qian39.

TY2 is just awful. Boxy sounding with not very good details. I love Tomahawk and Ting, but TY2 was a disappointment. I have also received TP16 in another order and those are not to my liking either.
Will probably try to sell both TY2 and TP16...

**** PT15 is leagues above TY2 when it comes to resolution. But I do not like piercing highs so they'll go as well.

Qian39 is a definite keeper. A $6 earbud that sounds really good and that I don't need to worry about breaking when using it.

About the cable on CAX black edition, I think it is a cardas cable. It is similar to Zen 2 black but I do not think it's a copy even if it came later. The CAX Golden reference was released in early 2016 and uses an even more stiff cable than CAX black. The CAX black is a sort of successor to golden reference that is made in more pairs (8 vs 2 for Golden reference). Cypherus might make more CAX black if Herry can track down more of the NOS drivers used.

Isn't there someone in Malaysia who owns a pair of Cypherus earbuds? You can always take a trip to Jakarta to check them out on LittleSound or perhaps even after chatting to Herry of Cypherus?

For me it was a blind purchase and I was rewarded. Some blind purchases have not been like that (Hisoundaudio Living, NW studio pro etc - I am looking at you!). But how will I know if I do not take a chance and no one else does it?

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #14,918 of 75,857

I might not stop buying earbuds (I'm too much of an earbud junkie for that), but at least I am now out of the "mid tier" market. I probably won't buy any more earbuds between $20-120 (or something like that). I'll stick to budget ones (Qian39 is really great for a sub $10 earbud!) and TOTL ones.

Received an order the other day that I made almost 1,5 month ago. I think it was just before or after I had ordered the QFreds.

TY2 is just awful. Boxy sounding with not very good details. I love Tomahawk and Ting, but TY2 was a disappointment. I have also received TP16 in another order and those are not to my liking either.

**** PT15 is leagues above TY2 when it comes to resolution. But I do not like piercing highs so they'll go as well.

Qian39 is a definite keeper. A $6 earbud that sounds really good and that I don't need to worry about breaking when using it.

About the cable on CAX black edition, I think it is a cardas cable. It is similar to Zen 2 black but I do not think it's a copy even if it came later. The CAX Golden reference was released in early 2016 and uses an even more stiff cable than CAX black. The CAX black is a sort of successor to golden reference that is made in more pairs (8 vs 2 for Golden reference). Cypherus might make more CAX black if Herry can track down more of the NOS drivers used.

Isn't there someone in Malaysia who owns a pair of Cypherus earbuds? You can always take a trip to Jakarta to check them out on LittleSound or perhaps even after chatting to Herry of Cypherus?

For me it was a blind purchase and I was rewarded. Some blind purchases have not been like that (Hisoundaudio Living, NW studio pro etc - I am looking at you!). But how will I know if I do not take a chance and no one else does it?

Who in owns CAMP FREDS?! WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #14,919 of 75,857
Perhaps it is a premium cable version of the TY 32.

Speaking of which. A lot of buds have come and go since i got these bad boys. But every time i take the time to revisit them i remember why @Tomasz2D doesn't post as much anymore! They are just way too good and personally win over the Edimun to me as I prefer the more forward tone of the de'mun.

But behold lest you forget the original red colored goliath. My most prized bud ever. Red De'mun is still my king of buds.

This is correct. My top 5 favorit buds in alphabetic order are:

Astrotec Lyra6
AuGlamour RX-1
Red De'mun
Sennheiser MX 985
Venture Electronics (VE) Zen 2.0

and Red De'mun is my #1. It has just perfect tuning to my ears - I wouldn't change anything in it. The RD's maker created very delicate sound construction there, I am afraid that if one part of it is changed - the whole construction would fall apart. RD is somehow similar to MX985 but whereas MX985 is perfect to the point being boring, RD is perfect but with a twist. RD is more lively and likes to play litlle tricks - suddenly suprising with some notes/phrases coming from multidimentional space.

That's why I'm waiting for Danneq to compare RD to Cypherus earbuds. RD cannot get any better than it is already but I might be interested in Cypherus earbuds if they can offer different but similarily interesting sound as RD.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #14,920 of 75,857
Astrotec Lyra6 - like it a lot (minus the 6/earhooks)
AuGlamour RX-1 - too mid focused and small soundstage for me
Red De'mun - TBA
Sennheiser MX 985 - great great great!
Venture Electronics (VE) Zen 2.0 - never could get into them. Highs too rolled off for my taste

I'm looking forward to the second hand pair of Red De'mun that I bought! If they are like MX985 but more "fun" I should really like them. Personally I find Blox TM7 to be like MX985 but more fun (or well... lush and smooth). CampFred is a small step up from that with a lovely analogue timbre.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #14,922 of 75,857

How would you rate the Qian39 vs Monk+ ?

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #14,923 of 75,857
Astrotec Lyra6 - like it a lot (minus the 6/earhooks)
AuGlamour RX-1 - too mid focused and small soundstage for me
Red De'mun - TBA
Sennheiser MX 985 - great great great!
Venture Electronics (VE) Zen 2.0 - never could get into them. Highs too rolled off for my taste

When I read your posts, I think we both may like similar tonal balance but this is soundstage where we have different tastes. You prefer bigger and airy sounstage and I prefer more direct and closer sound. But there are parts where our tastes overlaps, and MX985 and Lyra6 must be in "C" section.

@vapman This is interesting that although you are basshead, you seem to favor balanced or even little mid-centric earbuds. Do you equalize Red De'mun and does it response to it well?

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #14,924 of 75,857
I'm unsure if I have a current #1, but I think for my tastes the Rose Masya might be it.  It handles vocals quite well, has decent detail to the point where my recording of Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto (Richter) is pleasing, can achieve one of the better bass performances I've heard from an earbud so something like Portishead sounds good after some EQ while still maintaining quality vocals.  It even has a longer cable than what came with the Mojito by maybe a foot or so, which did bother me with that earbud as I had no other cables to use.  It kind of has the feel of a Cygnus with better bass performance.  For me, it actually makes the MX985 feel a little boring.

While I assume there are no difference between the standard and carbon fiber versions of Masya, I can't say for sure as I haven't really looked into it.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #14,925 of 75,857

How would you rate the Qian39 vs Monk+ ?

For what it's worth I prefer the Qian39 in every department, and vapman has included a comparison in his excellent review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/qianyun-qian39/reviews/17094

(You might not know that you can edit quotes to save repeating a whole post if you want.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back