Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 29, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #9,347 of 75,859
  What is the consensus for the best modded bud for rock music between the De'Mun and Edimun V2/V3?

I don't know of anybody here that owns both and would like to share his opinion. You have to wait until "sharing" members will own both finally. Maybe also wait for Red De'mun vs. SHE3800 comparison, as I am becoming little suspicious here.

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #9,348 of 75,859
I don't know of anybody here that owns both and would like to share his opinion. You have to wait until "sharing" members will own both finally. Maybe also wait for Red De'mun vs. SHE3800 comparison, as I am becoming little suspicious here.

I'm also quite curious (the photo below is red demun in my hand vs. a google search for SHE3800)

but its seems the SHE3800 is also a Philips IEM model and the Philips earbuds all look just like different Edifier models...

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #9,350 of 75,859
I'm also quite curious (the photo below is red demun in my hand vs. a google search for SHE3800)

but its seems the SHE3800 is also a Philips IEM model and the Philips earbuds all look just like different Edifier models...

Glad I'm not the only one confused here. I Googled that Philips number before and all that really showed up outside of Asian markets was the IEM. It is possible that Edifier is just OEM'ing those buds for Philips where they are distributed in certain markets.

Is there anyone here who will soon have both the De'Mun and Edimun?

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #9,351 of 75,859

Glad I'm not the only one confused here. I Googled that Philips number before and all that really showed up outside of Asian markets was the IEM. It is possible that Edifier is just OEM'ing those buds for Philips where they are distributed in certain markets.

Is there anyone here who will soon have both the De'Mun and Edimun?

yes my Edimun v3 rhodium is finally out of customs...

I was just thinking, it's likely that the Philips has the same driver as the H180. We should/can investigate this

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #9,352 of 75,859

You are not alone, right now listening to Armin Van Buuren's State of Trance Year Mix on SHE3800.

To my ears, these are the best earbuds (even better sounding than TY Hi-Z 32 and Monk, in terms of clarity, detail retrieval, tighter bass, and natural vocals) that I have in my small collection of buds. All this for just mere 3.21 US$.

Simply brilliant!

Thanks for the tip, I have just ordered these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-SHE3800-Lightweight-In-Ear-Gummy-Earphones-Extra-Bass-Black-High-Quality-/262596814437

(A bit more expensive than other places but 2-day shipping in the UK.)

If they are better that the Hi-Z 32 I shall be very impressed!

Sorry for the OT, but has anyone been able to get on eBay today? I'm in the USA and have tried mobile, Chrome, FF and IE.
mad.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #9,353 of 75,859
Just got my HD600's and can confirm they sound very similar to Zen 2. Although I think I like the HD600's slightly more. (but they are full-size cans, not earbuds). It is astounding what VE did in making an earbud sound like full-size open headphones.

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #9,354 of 75,859

Originally Posted by Willber /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the tip, I have just ordered these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-SHE3800-Lightweight-In-Ear-Gummy-Earphones-Extra-Bass-Black-High-Quality-/262596814437

(A bit more expensive than other places but 2-day shipping in the UK.)

If they are better that the Hi-Z 32 I shall be very impressed!

Sorry for the OT, but has anyone been able to get on eBay today? I'm in the USA and have tried mobile, Chrome, FF and IE.
mad.gif

The UK site is working...

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #9,356 of 75,859
T-Music DIY and Seahf LD-3.0 320ohm arrived today. T-Music buds bass were fun for a few minutes, but pretty soon it became apparent that the bass is inarticulate and the mids and highs are nowhere to be found.
The Seahf LD-3.0 320ohm on the other hand have impressed me all evening. The best way I can describe them is like a power hungry version of the RX-1/Cygnus that extends all the way down with a quite decent bass and great instrument separation. If this love story continues, I'll have to try all the other power hungry Seahf buds. But I think I read somewhere that the 320 version is more power hungry than the 400 version.
For now a great all rounder and a nice, slightly brighter sounding, complement to the Zen 2's

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #9,357 of 75,859
I've just get Zen 1 and Zen 2 and Asura 1 and Asura 2 as complement to my Seahf LD-4.0 400.
I'm really sorry to say that but Zen 2 and Asura 2 are completely wrong direction :/ They try to please with more clear highs and lost the point completely :/. Fun and joy go out. 

Zen 1 is the KING and Asura 1 is the Queen! Lotsa fun! Zen and Seahf 400 gives more base for music.

I've checked bunch of earbuds through this summer:
VE Monk
VE Monk +
TY Hi-Z HP-32
Qian 25
YMHFPJ diy MX500
Seahf LD-4.0 400
Fareal 32Ohm 
Blox B200
JiuShao E300
VE Asura
VE Asura 2.0
VE Zen 1.0
VE Zen 2.0
Blue Ever Blue Model 328R
Baldoor e100
Croons Tingo TG-38S
Dasetn m760
AuGlamour RX-1

So my advice go for Seahf LD-4.0 400 as it still available. Go and hunt for Zen if you're nut. Avoid second generation of VE if you care about music not sound.

That's IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

PS. I'm happy to exchange some of my buds for Shozy Cygnus as it's last buds I would like to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back