Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 25, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #9,001 of 75,859
ra+ is power a less powerful then the ra2 . ra2 is double the power , slightly bigger and more clean and clear and balanced:sunglasses:.

also RA+ only offers battery power. RA2 I think you can use on battery or keep charged with a DC outlet, like a laptop.

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #9,002 of 75,859
Sir @Tayyab Pirzada, time to get Zen Black Edition and RA 2.0 
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #9,009 of 75,859
In my honest opinion, Zen 2 is officially the Mojito killer (when amped).

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #9,013 of 75,859
  I listen to all kinds of music, but a good earphone to me must be good with classical music, clear, good separation, and a soundstage to accommodate a grand orchestra 

I was thinking about it a bit and you can try AuGlamour RX-1. It is cheap enought it is save to try it. RX-1 is not about soundstage or overall balance (althought it is correct for me) but where RX-1 shines is individual instruments imaging. Their voicing. Instruments reproduction is quite faithfull but with butifully rounded edges. Soft. And yes RX-1 is fine for orchestra.

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #9,014 of 75,859
I've just sum up all feedback on Seahf LD-4.0 400 Ohm from different users

When I started listening to the Seahf LD-4.0 400 Ohm, I also noticed a smoothness which I never heard before. I wouldn´t wanna miss it now.

With the LD-4.0 400 Ohm the makers wanted a more balanced sound, and I guess that´s why in contrast to vapman´s review of the LD-3.0, I wouldn´t say that the LD-4.0 are "bass monsters". Take everything I say with a grain of salt, because I have yet 3 Seahf earbuds here I haven´t listened to (one of them being the LD-3.0 400 Ohm), but I think the LD-4.0 may be the best allrounder of all. Totally non-fatiguing, big soundstage, very analog sounding, deep reaching bass, but not as powerful and growling as the LD-3.0 320 Ohm.

This has even more bass than the LD-3.0 320 Ohm and better highs, but the sound lacks depth and width. It also sounds rather slow, so lacks PRAT which is where the LD-4.0 400 Ohm shine the most so far.

The sound of the LD-4.0 is much more balanced, it has a much wider soundstage, the flow is better, it has more dynamic headroom, scales better.
my SeaHf 400 ohms are very easily driven from any source - laptop or phone can do them great. They actually perform better on low power sources like this than the SeaHf 320

So where the 150 Ohm and 4.0 400 Ohm care more about the sound of the band as a whole(SIC!), the 320 Ohm present the music with more depth and detail. Very nice.

Just received my new Seahf LD-4.0 400Ohm buds. I´m listening right now. I´m speechless, totally speechless.

The 400 Ohm has enough dynamic headroom for any kind of music you throw at it. It even eats my Tschaikowsky 1812 Telarc album (with the original cannon shots) for lunch. But with the 150 Ohm it seems like every tune reaches my ears like it´s pumped up with steroids. The 400 Ohm present the music more with a kind of ease.
At least that´s my impression, and that´s why I think the 4.0 400 Ohm could climb to the top of the ranking list.

I got my Seahf LD-4.0 400 Ohm recently. It was bassy and woolen in the beginning. After some burn in it still has recessed highs. 
It's VERY dynamic, very organic, lively. Music has strong foundation. 

I try it iPhone, Macbook, Hugo. So bass quality degrades appropriately but it still a lot of fun at the end of iPhone. 

Clie OS rating for 400s.

• TY (Hi-Z) HP-400s - Still keeping the overall tuning as the TY 400ohm, but with a slightly more laid back mid and therefore a more balanced presentation. Otherwise the overall quality is similar.
  • 耳机公会 (Headphone Association) 400ohm (original) - Warmish. Bass can be overpowering sometime. Laid back mid and smooth treble.
  • TY (Hi-Z) 400ohm (original) - Very similar to Headphone Association 400ohm, but with a slightly smoother tuning.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #9,015 of 75,859
  To be honest I don't even use Zen 2 for portable use. I just use them with my desktop amp. But I used to own a Cayin C5 and it was able to power the Zen 2 sufficiently. For whatever reason though, the Cayin C5 left me unimpressed with Zen 2. But the Project Starlight tube amp has made me get full potential out of the Zen 2 to the point that I consider them my favourite buds now.

I don't know about the first 3 you listed, but I have heard good things about Bengkel Macro. And VE Runabout is supposedly tuned specifically for the Zen 2, so if you want to get the most out of them, I would probably suggest that.

But doesn't it defeat the purpose of the earbud format if you need special amps to make a pair of earbuds reach their potential? I used my Caying C5 and Fiio E11 portable headphone amps with Zen 2.0 and found them to be unbalanced. What I mean by unbalanced is that there was like a blanket over the highs. It's not like highs were rolled off but more like they were severely muffled. I had to EQ treble up on my DAPs with between 5 and 10 Db to get them to sound balanced. Traded the Zen 2.0 for a pair of Zen 1.0 and those gave me exactly what I wanted from the Zen 2.0.

I prefer earbuds that do not need amping at all. I have not heard all earbuds made, but from those I have heard, Blox TM7 are the best ones with great detail and imaging and an incredible smoothness like honey.
I just received a pair of Edimun V3 and those are amazing for the price. To me they are close to the level of Zen 1.0 or Sennheiser MX980/985 (very natural sound that might not be for everyone) with almost the same bass impact as Zen 1.0.

But then again, people hear differently because of different preferences...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back