Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 13, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #5,341 of 75,722
Wow...i hope i can try it someday. It looks so gorgeous!
Sadly, still overprice for me

Just save up really really hard. I blew half of my savings for them hahaha.....*cries*
  What's your first impression soundwise?

Hey mate, sorry to inform you, but I will not have enough time to give them a proper listen as my dissertation proposal is due next week. Just finsihed wiping down the Mojtios with rubbing alcohol.........will give you a brief impression after my proposal submission. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #5,342 of 75,722
Hi folks.

I've been lurking this thread because my ears fatigue with IEMs very easy and my friend tell me amazing things about how earbuds can be good but I can't decide between Zen 2 and Cygnus, then what's the major difference? I've read bipolar things about Zen 2 and a solid opinion with Cygnus, if someone can explore more details and comparisons about them I'll appreciate. 

I have a FiiO X5II so amp/source ain't a big problem I think...

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #5,343 of 75,722
Hi folks.

I've been lurking this thread because my ears fatigue with IEMs very easy and my friend tell me amazing things about how earbuds can be good but I can't decide between Zen 2 and Cygnus, then what's the major difference? I've read bipolar things about Zen 2 and a solid opinion with Cygnus, if someone can explore more details and comparisons about them I'll appreciate. 

Well, 290 vs 17 Ohm, foamless vs foams, big size drivers vs small, other sound sig..

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #5,344 of 75,722
  Hi folks.

I have both.
While Zen 2 have more potential and will sound better in ideal conditions, Fiio x5II may be too warm of a source for them. 
Cygnus seems like a much safer bet for compatibility and comfort. And they will be discontinued at some point so I'd grab a pair while you can :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #5,347 of 75,722
Well, 290 vs 17 Ohm, foamless vs foams, big size drivers vs small, other sound sig..

I have both.
While Zen 2 have more potential and will sound better in ideal conditions, Fiio x5II may be too warm of a source for them. 
Cygnus seems like a much safer bet for compatibility and comfort. And they will be discontinued at some point so I'd grab a pair while you can :)

Thank you Golov17 and Tympan

The Zen 2 is literally like a full-size then, just shine with an amp dedicated 
biggrin.gif
 after X5II I'm very used with my cellphone and Spotify app to discover new songs maybe Cygnus can be more dynamic with my sources and with the bucks I will save an Edifier H180 is a good earbud to make a pair with Cygnus? ​

Jun 14, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #5,351 of 75,722
  My Monk vs Monk+ impression:
WAY more bass on the Monk+, but brighter sound on Monk. I'll stick to the Monk :)

Yep, it's pretty clear in the Brooko's review:

Something about +5dB in the mid-bass area and a huge downstep in 5kHz (usually the region of cymbals, hi-hat), if you like a more controlled sound you should consider EQing with a Low shelf filter at 500-1kHz removing some dBs, but I think people aren't used to EQ here, so...stay with original Monk haha.

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #5,352 of 75,722
I really didn`t like the Monk+ with the included foams, I thought they sounded way too dark, veiled and bass dominant. Without foams, they`re much more balanced however, though bass extension is reduced. Without foams I think they`re a really nice earbud and for $5 they`re a fantastic, but I still think people like to overstate their sound quality. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #5,353 of 75,722
So guys. Which edifier is edimun based again? Kinda confuse here since there's a few. Also is there any other tuning involved besides better cable?

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #5,354 of 75,722
So guys. Which edifier is edimun based again? Kinda confuse here since there's a few. Also is there any other tuning involved besides better cable?

Looks to be the Edifier h180, only the cable is changed.

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #5,355 of 75,722
I am thinking in getting one DK-Pu DK-JIN.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Original-Wooden-Earbuds-Wooden-Bass-In-Ear-Headphones-Bass-DIY-Magic-Sound-Headset/32576959704.html

But i had a confort issue with the MrZ Tomahawk (but for me Asura is confortble). Anyone can say if the DK-Pu DK-JIN is smaller or have the same size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back