Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 13, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #2,272 of 75,857
@ozkan: it's totally different by cases. I think there can be difference in Baldoor / Mrice and also the difference of production batches.
My current best pair are Baldoor one, has fuller sound with deeper & more impact bass, more forward & mid, as well as more coherent sound. Recently, I ordered 4-5 pairs of E100 for my friends, 1 of them are Baldoor and the others are Mrice. They cannot reach the same tier of my best pair. Actually, they just fall a little bit behind VE Monk.  

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,273 of 75,857
Guys, I want to ask a question.

I was listening to music from my XduooX3===>Miu Audio MRA amplifier. Being the idiot that I am, I decided to swtich the gain from low to high while the music was still playing. Midway through flipping the gain switch, the amp went hey-wire and suddenly produced a loud white noise on the right channel.

This resulted in my BugBro 320Ohms earbud having a sudden spike in volume on the right earpiece. I immediately took off the buds and switched off the amp.

My question is, will a sudden spike in volume destroy the driver of the buds, or more specifically, will sudden loud volumes over a short period/burst of time damage any form of headphone/earphones? 

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #2,274 of 75,857
  Guys, I want to ask a question.

I was listening to music from my XduooX3===>Miu Audio MRA amplifier. Being the idiot that I am, I decided to swtich the gain from low to high while the music was still playing. Midway through flipping the gain switch, the amp went hey-wire and suddenly produced a loud white noise on the right channel.

This resulted in my BugBro 320Ohms earbud having a sudden spike in volume on the right earpiece. I immediately took off the buds and switched off the amp.

My question is, will a sudden spike in volume destroy the driver of the buds, or more specifically, will sudden loud volumes over a short period/burst of time damage any form of headphone/earphones? 

Depends on how fragile the diaphragm and voice coil are. Just plug it back in and listen normally. If you didn't hear anything out of the normal, then you are usually fine. Typically higher ohm headphone is more resilience to sudden loud burst.

It is also a good practice to remember not to change gain on-the-fly and if you must do it, lower the volume first.

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,275 of 75,857

Depends on how fragile the diaphragm and voice coil are. Just plug it back in and listen normally. If you didn't hear anything out of the normal, then you are usually fine. Typically higher ohm headphone is more resilience to sudden loud burst.

It is also a good practice to remember not to change gain on-the-fly and if you must do it, lower the volume first.

Thanks for the reply! I shall give them a good listen and see if anything is out of the ordinary. Hopefully nothing

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2,276 of 75,857
Feb 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #2,279 of 75,857
That's an interesting looking little DAP.  I completely forgot about the N2, assuming I'm recognizing that one correctly.  Always meant to give it a listen, but it never happened.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #2,280 of 75,857
My VE ZEN 2.0 is coming tomorrow. I am so much excited. I will compare to my HD650.

I have ordered VE MONK, Jiushao E300, Mrice E100, Edifier H190. All are on the way.
I will compare every all soon :).

By the way how is OSTRY KC08 compare to VE ASSURA and Go Pro MrZ Tomahawk ?
Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back