Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 4, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #13,442 of 75,774
Interested as well, I'm looking for my endgame for earbuds (even if I'm still waiting for four of them, the cheap basic ones + the PT15)

Me too waiting for PT15 and K's 64. I planned to find and buy the old mx985 or zen 1 but the 11.11 has me thinking again. K's 500 seems like a safer choice than HP650 but I still want to hear from someone who have both.

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #13,444 of 75,774
i like monk+ but i'm using og monk these days

i like og monk's bass-- just not enough!!!!!

my other buds are collecting dust

bc even if i can't describe their sound (newb)

i don't like most of them

ok i'll buy a qian39

dude, idk how to eq for the life of me

idk wat i'm doing when i'm adjusting stuff

just ends up disabling it lol

Good beginners eq: leave everything flat, and boost 200hz and lower by about 4db or more. You probably can't break 7db or 8db without starting to get clipping.

post-26671-1142616315.jpg

You should be happy with the qian39, has better bass than the original monk even. Seems everyone who picked one up so far thinks its pretty good.

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #13,445 of 75,774
The HP650 pricing for 11.11 is out for some vendors on AE now.  Glad to see the addition of AE premium shipping and ePacket for some of them.  Packets incoming to Canada have some atrocious tracking.

Fingers crossed we see more Shozy BK/Stardust listings before 11.11...

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #13,447 of 75,774

It's 62.10 from HCK, cheaper (56.95) from the other seller

Yep right after I asked I noticed the 11.11 prices on my wish list. Now is decision time because Shozy Cygnus is also discounted to 71.32 and that's a proven performer in the  earbud world.  

Link?

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #13,448 of 75,774
Have been listening with the K 500Ohms for a day and they are pretty unforgiving on poor source. Their detail retrieval is so good and the separation is pretty sweet. Amping it gives vocals abit more body but the bass does get a good boost from amping. Tried amping the Monk+ too, the vocals on the Monk+ was just mind blowing. I think the Monk+ really needs to be amped well.

Tested on LG V20 -> Epiphany Accoutics O2 amp -> Earbuds

songs tested
Adele - Rolling in the deep (FLAC)
Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight (FLAC)
Yui - Again (MP3)
One Ok Rock - The Beginning (MP3)

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #13,449 of 75,774

Exactly, the Beyer DT150 were my main headphone for random use on PC. Now the cheap SHE3800 took their place because of how comfortable they are, except for movie watching because the cable is (obviously) too short

So, since the VX Pros is getting cheaper.. anyone else got it?

Who's store did yo see the Moondrop on sale at? Been on my AE wish list for quite awhile.  

Just to remind that VX Pro MSRP is 299 CNY, it's about 45 USD. try taobao or moondrop.cn.

and i found this on TY taobao page (tyhiz.world.taobao.com)
Read before buying!

High-impedance headphones on those things ~
    I mean high-impedance headphones are not Beyerdynamic, HD800 as headphones, but to mx500-based public model headphones. 1 to 99 Ohm low-impedance headphones, 99-199 for the resistance in the headset, 200 or more for high impedance headphones. The beginning of the birth of the high-impedance headphones by Zergo in the end of 2014 the successful proofing production of 300 Ohm. High-impedance flat headset appeared at home and abroad caused no small disturbance, but also high-impedance unit to the MX500's public mode to the extreme. Insulator production resistance unit is not now some people will resistance welding on the circuit board that (or nickel alloy coil), but by changing the thickness of the coil length to change the voice coil resistance. This voice ring out of the sound is not only the details, high quality, can be physical noise reduction, and most of the old burned their value is his control.
    We should know that China and the world production of the highest technology than the headset in Shenzhen, Shenzhen and insects in Shenzhen, the headset industry resources have a good integration and grasp. From the plug to the wire to the ear shell are independent production, master the best quality resources. Not some in the "Alibaba" to buy spare parts to re-assembly and then those who can retail. By the way, insect brother seems to Alibaba supply Oh.

In the end of 2015 Zergu launched 400 Ohm, in fact, was out of the 500 Ohm model, insect brother think 500 Ohm no need no main push shelves, the model has been here, the recent 650 Ohm has started selling the current large resistance .
    Zerg individuals prefer sideways lower frequency, so the tuning of the headset is also partial sideways. However, "high-impedance headphones are not black," the emergence of insects have to do some balanced or partial on the headset headphones to meet consumer demand.
    Some people will ask, why Zergo will like low-frequency? 05 years MX500 do not know if you have the impression, may now also put false headphones as a real, ha ha. MX500 was the emergence of a sensation in the headset market, because there is even a low-frequency flat-panel plug. So for a tuner, it can be transferred under the low-frequency, deep low-frequency that is a very powerful thing. Looking at the current headset market, a good few low-frequency headphones, flat head plug is rare. Columbia had to admire the tuner, is indeed a practitioner for more than a decade of the old master.
In 2016, the insect brother for the "high impedance headset is not black" made a new version of the 400 Ohm. Tri-band more balanced, greater sound field, high-frequency better. Everyone's feedback is very good, of course, like the emphasis on the next set, a good sense of atmosphere, or choose the older version of the 400 Euro better.
High-impedance headphone voice coil We are using automatic voice coil machine to do out of the current maximum production to 1700 Ohm. But we have heard of the 500 Ohm found that the impedance is not a big upgrade, 650 in order to have some improvement in Ohm. Especially portable equipment, more difficult to drive. The new version of the 400 Ohm improved sensitivity makes a lot of portable devices can be driven, here have to mention this new 400 Ohm wire. Not only will not change the toughness of good fight toughness, and the thickness of the silver-plated layer thicker than the market a lot, this line is also an exclusive production insect insect, not external retail.
    High impedance headset is really a good thing, but to 400 euros that we have a block to the bottleneck of portable devices, we will be out of 800 in Ohm (has been proofing success) or even 1700 Ohm, and will do better for this headset wire.
    High-impedance headphones on the yield problem, in fact, 150 Ohm okay, yield about 70 percent. To 320 Ohm is about 40 percent, 400 Ohm and even 30 percent are not to. Later developed 550 Ohm 650 Ohm even more interesting, yield rate of less than 10 percent. Because the voice coil is too long in the middle of a lot of short-circuit or voice coil dislocation, it will affect the sound quality. Insects on the grasp of this very strict, not only to use the machine, but also to measure with the ears. The rest of the bad unit will be disposed of, and the original PK1 unit, indeed the original, but are bad. Of course, there are also a lot of ignorance of the conscience, the coil out to change a diaphragm, magnets, said to be their own research and development production, which we do not evaluate.
   "High impedance headset is not black" shop for nearly 6 months, from a heart to three drill all the way to support and accompany. The name of the shop has shown my attitude, for me the headset is just a hobby, not the way I seek to survive. He may be the most exciting part of my college life, I cherish the understanding of these friends because of headphones Jieyuan. Of course, for everyone to talk about a welfare is not the mouth, the price and service is the most real. Please witness my growth, we will strive to improve the product, more high-priced products at the end of the headset, so that the real civilian HIFI. Enjoy music, enjoy life, I wish you everything goes, early fever.

can anyone help me on better translation ?

Do you have any information on chinese headphone forum about this @ClieOS ?

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #13,450 of 75,774
I guess from reading that, partially explains why they get more expensive as the resistance gets higher, if they have strict guidelines for what is and what isn't acceptable for sale. Because it seems like bug guy has a strict process for deciding what drivers are and aren't good enough. If about 9/10 of the 650 ohm drivers are failing QC but the lower the resistance goes the failure rate in production is lower.

I wanna know more about the 800-1.7k's...

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #13,451 of 75,774
Do you have any information on chinese headphone forum about this @ClieOS ?

I have seen that for quite awhile now. Remember those bedtime story that you can't recall much detail the next morning? It is kind of like that, fascinating tall tale.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #13,453 of 75,774
HPM-62 rules. Not going to kill any champions or contenders  but they pop open really easily, and are a unique shape/driver/sound - ridiculously natural vocals - absolutely and highly worth it if you can handle picking up a soldering iron to put a new cable on. Mine has a 3 button/mic remote cable. Better than Monk? No way. Different, though. I'll put it halfway between a bassy Dasetn and a RX-1.

I remember these from 10 years ago. Soft dense bass, nice timbre, overall easy organic kinda sound.

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #13,455 of 75,774
I must, must, must NOT read this thread until after Tuesday!!

EDIT: Until Friday!! Something else happening on Tuesday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back