Earbuds Round-Up
May 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #826 of 75,563
  Hi friends.

I have the Yuin PK1 that I use with my Galaxy S5 and Fiio E17, some times with Cowon J3 and the E17 and with the DX100 that will be with me soon again after a battery repair.

I think that will be great if I try another earbud, I wonder which one?

What do you think could I buy?

I woul like a better earbud,

ClieOS, could you give me some advise.

If could be bought on Amazon will be wreat.

Thanks

The only top end earbud on Amazon is probably Sennheiser MX985, which is also quite overpriced with almost $100 more than it MSRP. You already have a pretty good setup, so Zen should be more of a natural choice. Maybe the newer Blox might worth a look into as well, but I haven't listened to any of the BE series to comment on them.

May 5, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #829 of 75,563
I did actually get some E100As today and only had a brief listen but they're not bad at all in terms of sound  To say, however, these, I quote: [COLOR=FF0000]'outperforms the MX980 series buds in every single way'[/COLOR] might mean this bloke's got a great sense of humour, is ineberated or he's been paid to say this claptrap.

Of course he might actually believe what he says I suppose, each to their own but he is just a bit over enthusiastic.

No, he is perfectly correct - I have MX985 and the E100 wipe the floor with them.

May 5, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #831 of 75,563
No, he is perfectly correct - I have MX985 and the E100 wipe the floor with them.

Unfortunately not my floor. But as said, everyone has his/her own preference. If you really like E100 that much, all the better for you.

May 5, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #832 of 75,563
This, to a greater extent depends on personal preferences signature sound.

I think you're right, it all depends on personal sound tastes: what someone would think it's the best earbud / headphone / speaker because it sound so natural another one could think it's the worst thing he has ever heard becuase it's boring and you cannot do anything about it.

It's really great to have people here who shares their impressions and could help others decide between one or another equipment, but the end user will have the last word, there's no universal thruth in this world, anybody will always have their own opinion.

May 5, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #833 of 75,563
What about this remote though. Is it just for show or does it work ? Anyone tried the E100a with any devices; apple or android or whatever. Maybe its for Blackberries ?!?

May 5, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #834 of 75,563
What about this remote though. Is it just for show or does it work ? Anyone tried the E100a with any devices; apple or android or whatever. Maybe its for Blackberries ?!?

I dont know - I only have the non-remote version of the E100, although I do use it with my Android phone.  Usually the remote on IEMs is designed for iPhones and with Android only allows for changing or pausing tracks, not for volume adjustment. But like I say, I dont have the E100a so cant confirm.

May 5, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #835 of 75,563
  Have the Edifier H180 / H185 / and H190 with me right now, plus HIFIKIWI 'Honey Buzzard' H1 and 'Lyrebird' H1.

All three Edifier actually sound quite decent to me, and H185 is definitely the highlight of them.

HIFIKIWI on the other hand is a relatively new brand from China, made by a Chinese office supply company. The interesting bit isn't about these H1's sound quality, but they are more like the "reproduction" model of the discontinued AKG K314P and Sennheiser MX500. As the story goes, HIFIKIWI has partnered up with Foster (which I believe is the OEM for both models) to bring these earbuds back under a its own brand. Well, I never listened to a K314P before, but the Lyrebird H1 does sounds pretty close to a MX500.

How are the Honey Buzzard and the Lyrebird? 
Do they have any remote chance at belonging in the good and above category, or just plain decent?

May 5, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #836 of 75,563

How are the Honey Buzzard and the Lyrebird? 
Do they have any remote chance at belonging in the good and above category, or just plain decent?

They are just decent and nothing particularly special.

May 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #837 of 75,563
Another update with Edifier - I just went to a local bookstore and find out they start stocking some Edifier recently, so I picked up another earbud, the H101. The surprising part is that, not only it is pretty consistent in overall SQ with the rest of the line-up, but it is probably the most balanced and neutral of the four. In contrast, H180 tends to be more bass dominant, H185 is more U-shaped and fun, where H190 is more warm and smooth.

May 5, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #839 of 75,563
  Another update with Edifier - I just went to a local bookstore and find out they start stocking some Edifier recently, so I picked up another earbud, the H101. The surprising part is that, not only it is pretty consistent in overall SQ with the rest of the line-up, but it is probably the most balanced and neutral of the four. In contrast, H180 tends to be more bass dominant, H185 is more U-shaped and fun, where H190 is more warm and smooth.

Thanks for the update ClieOS, ¿how would you compare H185 bass to H180?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back