Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 7, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #7,966 of 75,384
I've only been using my T-Music's for the 4 or 5 days and nothing else...

lol, this week it's the T-Music's. Last week it was the RX-1 and before that it was the Edimun. Your love is intense but don't last long.

My love for the Boarseman MX98s is still going strong. It needs some good foams. Paired with the VE RA 2.0 I get the most engaging, yet relaxed, experience I've had for quite a while. It's not for anyone though. Most people would probably call them veiled with my thick layers of double foams. They are not neutral at all with all these foams. But I guess I've found what others loved with the Tomahawks with this setup.

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #7,967 of 75,384
lol, this week it's the T-Music's. Last week it was the RX-1 and before that it was the Edimun. Your love is intense but don't last long.

My love for the Boarseman MX98s is still going strong. It needs some good foams. Paired with the VE RA 2.0 I get the most engaging, yet relaxed, experience I've had for quite a while. It's not for anyone though. Most people would probably call them veiled with my thick layers of double foams. They are not neutral at all with all these foams. But I guess I've found what others loved with the Tomahawks with this setup.
Absolutely love this buds with MP foams! :sunglasses:
13558727_1094872967273848_13758845230109582_o.jpg

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #7,969 of 75,384

Hah! not gonna argue there at all!

To be honest.... most of my buds really do not see much use unless i want their specific signature for something. I like to collect them and get to know their different sounds but I rarely deviate from my main setups. That would be the monk plus, edimun, and the SZ2000 (not an earbud).

The other ones I make time for and I do like to post my findings of all new buds here, but the reality is most get sold or left in a case! I don't keep too many on hand. I have a lot of sets of monk pluses and original monks but the Edimun is the next longest lasting bud in my collection. If I ever got a hold of something hard to come by like a vintage sony or aiwa for a really nice price or something of legend like the blox or zen 1 but who knows if i'd keep any of  them for over a week?

Mojito made me want to stop collecting and ironically that's why i got rid of it.
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #7,970 of 75,384

Im still hopelessly in love with Rose Mojito

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #7,971 of 75,384
Btw, that's a cool chance for you test the Zen 2.0 they're on sales area now for $95 (and Yuin PK1 for $45 looks a crazy deal - but I think Cygnus better overall and easy to drive)

Thanks for heads up

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #7,973 of 75,384
does anyone think the the previous monks are worth $30 aud?

someone here mentioned that they have a very unique sound signature and the only ones comparable were sennheisers mx475 which here cost $45 aud...

on another note, I see Sony MDRE9LPB everywhere, are they worth anything, being of the name sony, they priced from 9 to 16 aud, just curious

also, where are the zen 2.0 on sale? just curious more than anything, as I can't find anything online

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #7,974 of 75,384
Hey guys. Could someone please link me to the "thai 300 ohm" driver I saw mentioned in this thread? I Ordered an rx-1, likely fake "x3 ting", and a few pairs of monk+ after scouring this thread the last few days. I plan on listening, tinkering, modding, and measuring when I receive them all. I'd like to build a DIY set as well, hence the interest in the 300 ohm driver. I will upload some measurements here for you guys in a few weeks with results of any modifications and comparisons. I've always liked the comfort and soundstage of buds compared to iem's but never had a good pair. I assumed they didn't exist lol. I look forward to seeing what some of these can do. I find full size cans fatiguing after a few hours and hot in the summer time, so these will probably get a lot of use. Thanks.

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #7,975 of 75,384

someone here mentioned that they have a very unique sound signature and the only ones comparable were sennheisers mx475 which here cost $45 aud...

To me they are, that´s why I ordered 9 from Russia once. 
biggrin.gif

I´m still in love with the old Monks, though I have to admit that now I like the Seahf sound signature much more. That´s why I don´t spend much time atm with the Monks.

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #7,976 of 75,384

on another note, I see Sony MDRE9LPB everywhere, are they worth anything, being of the name sony, they priced from 9 to 16 aud, just curious

also, where are the zen 2.0 on sale? just curious more than anything, as I can't find anything online

NO!!!!

i have probably 6 pairs, given out at least that many, would never pay more than 10 for one even today!

if you want something under $10 range cheap and different enough from the monk plus,,, i say get one of the edifiers. or most mx500 clones wannabes.

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #7,977 of 75,384
  Hey guys. Could someone please link me to the "thai 300 ohm" driver I saw mentioned in this thread? I Ordered an rx-1, likely fake "x3 ting", and a few pairs of monk+ after scouring this thread the last few days. I plan on listening, tinkering, modding, and measuring when I receive them all. I'd like to build a DIY set as well, hence the interest in the 300 ohm driver. I will upload some measurements here for you guys in a few weeks with results of any modifications and comparisons. I've always liked the comfort and soundstage of buds compared to iem's but never had a good pair. I assumed they didn't exist lol. I look forward to seeing what some of these can do. I find full size cans fatiguing after a few hours and hot in the summer time, so these will probably get a lot of use. Thanks.

I think I was talking about it, they aren't made in Thai, just some DIYers from Thai uses that driver for their mods you can find the drivers here and I really recommend you buy some units of those cotton item for tuning the drivers, you can PM the seller asking for units and also ask some discount and probably he'll adjust the price for you! Good luck on your DIY journey, I'm loving the results of my DIY earbuds atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back