Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 25, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #7,246 of 75,777
Hehe. When I drink too much whiskey I start buying earbuds. That's how I ended up buying the Mojito. I'm drinking whiskey now so I'll probably end up buying something on Penon.
In my case, still worse: I do not drink at all, and yet .. lol :grinning:

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #7,247 of 75,777
I have owned some pairs from ongongstore (aliexpress) and definitely won't work perfectly, the "yuin" shell has 14,5mm and the Monk driver has 15.4mm then you need to compensate the gap with something. Btw you should try with this 300Ohms driver some DIYers from Thai loves that for bass/warm sound I'm waiting for a pair atm in some weeks I can send a feedback.

Awesome, if you get it and like it definitely let us know, I'm always ready to buy an ultra bassy bud :)

Yup, no alcohol for me either, happier spending my money on new buds always :)

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #7,248 of 75,777
Awesome, if you get it and like it definitely let us know, I'm always ready to buy an ultra bassy bud
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, no alcohol for me either, happier spending my money on new buds always
smily_headphones1.gif

I just bought the RX1, so only a minimum amount of damage was done :)

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #7,249 of 75,777
The amazon link seems dead as it only points towards the iems now.
I ordered through aliexpress, ordered both silver and black on impulse, I must resist....
Stop, my wallet is crying :c but my brain is like you neeeeeed this!

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #7,250 of 75,777
very interesting, indeed if i click the item link from my orders page

We must have confused Amazon pretty good on that one, not too often a random earbud out of nowhere shoots up to the #14 best seller position the day it's posted to the site, let alone before it's even showed up at the Amazon facilities?

However nice to see how  my amazon order status for the Auglamour says "Arriving Thursday - Shipping today" so if I have them in 3 days i'd be extremely happy!

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #7,251 of 75,777

Hehe. When I drink too much whiskey I start buying earbuds. That's how I ended up buying the Mojito. I'm drinking whiskey now so I'll probably end up buying something on Penon.

Same here :frowning2: I don't drink and smoke at all.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #7,253 of 75,777
Please some1 give some impressions of Seahf LD 4.0, Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #7,254 of 75,777
I also hope someone comments on it before I go off and buy one to know if any difference at all.

I got an email that my Auglamour RX-1 from Amazon just shipped and should be here tomorrow?!

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #7,255 of 75,777
So is there any well made truly high end earbud to rival the Mojito or the MX985? (I personally hated the MX985 btw)

I'm looking for anything that screams high end

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #7,256 of 75,777

today I went to the shops and saw the tdk eb90 again and for 9aud I had to try it, even though no one else in the entire www except for one post on this thread, had anything to say about them,

I just tried them a bit and to me they sound a bit v shaped, compared to the monk I was listening previously, maybe this will change with some burn-in, and even though it has some bass it seems kinda hollow, although this was while walking back from the shops in a busy street with my iphone 6s, here at home they seem to have some detail/sparkle in the highs, but I am no audiophile so, I could be having some "new toy" syndrome, also they seem to be less loud than monk or mx170

the cable is really cheap and "sprongy" but I guess its expected, but they are a bit more cheaper quality than the mx170, a bit more rubbery, overall I don't hate them, I guess I kinda like them, 

edit, actually they don't have any bass, the mx170 have much more bass in comparison 

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #7,258 of 75,777
So is there any well made truly high end earbud to rival the Mojito or the MX985? (I personally hated the MX985 btw)

Is the Ting worth it...

Mate, just my 2 cents worth of advice, another high end earbud would be the Zen's (both normal and Cardas edition). However, if you like the sound signature of the Mojito's then their is nothing currently which can top them IMHO. So unless you want something similar to the Mojito's, the Zen's are another considerations. 

FWIW, I think you pretty much have ended the earbud game (judging from your lineup) a short while after you started LOL!

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #7,259 of 75,777

Is the Ting worth it...

Mate, just my 2 cents worth of advice, another high end earbud would be the Zen's (both normal and Cardas edition). However, if you like the sound signature of the Mojito's then their is nothing currently which can top them IMHO. So unless you want something similar to the Mojito's, the Zen's are another considerations. 

FWIW, I think you pretty much have ended the earbud game (judging from your lineup) a short while after you started LOL!

VE Nirvana 2017 Edition :)

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #7,260 of 75,777

today I went to the shops and saw the tdk eb90 again and for 9aud I had to try it, even though no one else in the entire www except for one post on this thread, had anything to say about them,

I just tried them a bit and to me they sound a bit v shaped, compared to the monk I was listening previously, maybe this will change with some burn-in, and even though it has some bass it seems kinda hollow, although this was while walking back from the shops in a busy street with my iphone 6s, here at home they seem to have some detail/sparkle in the highs, but I am no audiophile so, I could be having some "new toy" syndrome, also they seem to be less loud than monk or mx170

the cable is really cheap and "sprongy" but I guess its expected, but they are a bit more cheaper quality than the mx170, a bit more rubbery, overall I don't hate them, I guess I kinda like them, 

edit, actually they don't have any bass, the mx170 have much more bass in comparison 

I just bought a TDK EB100 for 99 Indian rupee (roughly 1.5 US$) out of curiosity (and for sleeptime usage) from Ebay India (http://www.ebay.in/itm/TDK-EB100-Black-In-ear-Earbud-with-Bass-boost-Unboxed-/252368328042). Expecting similar (to EB90) if not worse sound from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back