Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #6,812 of 75,422

I just think that deleting this ranking in this thread is a big loss. We all love rankings, top-hits lists and so on. It is always fun to follow them. Maybe @ClieOS can tell us why he took this decision?

Agreed but don't forget the first post of  this thread is 2009.... I can understand if he's just sick of earbuds by now and totally not caring about them anymore :wink:

Whenever this thread's time comes, we can open a new one :)

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #6,813 of 75,422
Agreed but don't forget the first post of  this thread is 2009.... I can understand if he's just sick of earbuds by now and totally not caring about them anymore :wink:

Whenever this thread's time comes, we can open a new one :)

Yes, we can open a new thread but I wonder if there is another person capable of creating similar earbuds ranking. Maybe @golov17 can.

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #6,814 of 75,422
  Yes, we can open a new thread but I wonder if there is another person capable of creating similar earbuds ranking. Maybe @golov17 can.

IMO if ClieOS wants to abandon/be done with this thread, one of us could do what is done in the Basshead IEM/headphones threads - a few trusted regulars with large collections get their lists on the front page post. Could easily turn into a mess if not properly regulated though.

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #6,815 of 75,422
IMO if ClieOS wants to abandon/be done with this thread, one of us could do what is done in the Basshead IEM/headphones threads - a few trusted regulars with large collections get their lists on the front page post. Could easily turn into a mess if not properly regulated though.

This sounds like a good idea. We neee a replacement list.

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #6,816 of 75,422
finally got qian25 earbuds from group auctions,

it has boomy bass and warm soundsignature, but has clear micro detail that can be hear from background,

sightly more affordable than ve monk, due to i can not hear any micro detail from ve monk at all

but need recabling due to pretty lack of treble, maybe because the cable build.

I bit disappointed about its cable, looks cheap, thin and dull.

So, I decide recabling using generic cable from ali,

Its has massive improvement in treble, while not sacrificing the bass and the detail.

pretty enjoyable than ve monk..

https://s31.postimg.org/3qgbbo0h3/DSC03196.jpg

https://s32.postimg.org/755xp6gu9/DSC03249.jpg

https://s31.postimg.org/5iixhmpvr/DSC03240_1.jpg

If you think that Monk don't have micro details, you should try it with the new monk+ foams. I'm currently using it with rubber rings + two new foam cover per side. Get all the bass without masking the highs and details.

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #6,817 of 75,422
I am guessing @ClieOS got tired of people criticizing his rankings and often indirectly him when they buy because of the list and then dont like it.  I look at the rankings as just opinions from obviously someone who has way way more experience, knowledge and probably a better ear than I do.

Personally, every earbud I have, except the monk+,  I bought due to a large part his rankings.  I have been very happy with all them.  It is not from being easy to please because for the most part every iem I have bought lately were not as good as expected.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #6,819 of 75,422
  Nothing beats the Cygnus in comfort. However, the Mojito is also not that far behind. I also did a post where I measured the shell a few months back. To save you time and effort, here are the measurements:

Mojito

Cygnus

Generic MX500 housing.

Yea thats what I was wondering, cuz Cygnus comfort is too hard to let go haha. I think I might buy a back up Cygnus instead then.
Thanks for the repost for me :D. I did actually remember seeing those measurements but it all comes down to personal opinion/ ear size in the end.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #6,820 of 75,422
It's really a shame it has come to this, where the list won't be  updated anymore. When reading such rankings, one should always take it with a grain of salt and never treat it as something which is carved in stone. Listening preference is all a matter of personal taste. If you do disagree with the list, kindly express that in a polite manner:

I just bought X earbud according to the rankings, however after listening to them, I think I will disagree with with the list because...........................or maybe it's just the difference between our listening preference .etc.

Kindly note that a ****load (am I allowed to say that?) was contributed by @ClieOS sifu to construct the list. Remember, if it not for him or the list, we would not be here in the first place and discovered so many good earbuds, no?

Just my 2cents worth of thought

Thank-you

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #6,821 of 75,422
  Yea thats what I was wondering, cuz Cygnus comfort is too hard to let go haha. I think I might buy a back up Cygnus instead then.
Thanks for the repost for me :D. I did actually remember seeing those measurements but it all comes down to personal opinion/ ear size in the end.

Actually, the Mojito is smaller than Cygnus and would actually fall out of my ears if not for the silicone rings and monk+ blue red foams.
The Shozy is very comfy, but sometimes, they seem like they are ready to slip out of my ears hahahaha

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #6,823 of 75,422
  Actually, the Mojito is smaller than Cygnus and would actually fall out of my ears if not for the silicone rings and monk+ blue red foams.
The Shozy is very comfy, but sometimes, they seem like they are ready to slip out of my ears hahahaha

For me, the Cygnus is like it was meant to be made for my ears. Such a perfect fit, so snug, not a chance it'll fall.
I mean if its possible to add enough foams and not mess up the SQ for the Mojito then it might not be a bad idea.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #6,825 of 75,422
Estimated delivery for Red Monk Plus tomorrow! 
Can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back