Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 10, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #6,286 of 75,492
My fake MX 985 - sound, soundstage everything nicly balanced - reminds of big stereo speakers setup. You know that equalizer presets like rock, pop, jazz? Ok, turn on "pop" preset on MX 985 an you are in Ting territory. Both Tomahawk and Ting sounds have some smaller speakers qualities. A little bit boxy plus add dry and harsh upper-mids in Tomahawk. Just not for everybody or not for all music genres.

Thanks for the comparison. I don't seem to see too many people with the the Ting. Do you feel it's worth the price?

Edit: and how long was the burn in process for them?

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #6,287 of 75,492

I am stating the fact based on my personal experience. I did shell out the cost of the item and expected to get a certain return on my investment. If what I received under-performs I feel it is perfectly fine for me to voice out my 'personal' experience. And to warn others.

I am quite puzzled by your comment. There are many positive reviews and there are many negative ones for all imaginary items on this board. I personally like reading fare negative reviews as it saves me money and aggravation... If I can warn another fans that he might not get like Tomahawks or there is a chance that they might be defective I think it is a good thing.

Not saying you are wrong in anyway and hope you haven't took my previous comment as such. I am stating nothing beyond the scope of "one man's meat is another man's poison". We all talk about what each of us like and dislike in the forum and everyone's preference is totally valid to his/her opinion - even if it goes against the public opinion. The lesson to take away is however for oneself to know whether his/her opinion and preference will line up with the public opinion or not, and thus whether he can use those opinion as reference or not. Obviously if someone keep finding his liking is not the same as the public (or even just a certain persons') opinion, then it will be foolish to keep using those opinion as guide to buying more headphone or upgrade - that is, to find the opinion from people you know you can trust to reflect your taste, not just blindly following the crowd or the 'next big thing'. The quicker one can see how this things go, the least road one need to travel to find the headphone (s)he will like. That's hopefully how a forum like HF works for most people.

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #6,288 of 75,492
can i get similar priced earbud as monk plus, with better separation and details and brighter and more bass if possible then monk plus?

monk plus vocals are too uggg when watching movies etc.

Jul 10, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #6,289 of 75,492
  can i get similar priced earbud as monk plus, with better separation and details and brighter and more bass if possible then monk plus?

monk plus vocals are too uggg when watching movies etc.

TY Hi-Z HP-32, or Edifier H180

Jul 10, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #6,291 of 75,492
Thanks for the comparison. I don't seem to see too many people with the the Ting. Do you feel it's worth the price?

Edit: and how long was the burn in process for them?

Both Tomahawk and Ting are quality earbuds, just very specific and not main-stream by any means. You want to have Ting if a) you want to have something different than the rest of your earbuds or, b) you are really into this kind of sound.

I just use my stuff and do not give them special treatment like burn-in. Earbuds are not car engine although for sure even earbuds change with time like everything else.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #6,292 of 75,492
Received TY Hi-Z 32 buds (bought from Penon Audio's aliex store), today.

OOTB, with full foam cover, I find them to be too bright (very hot peaky treble) for my liking (there is also the issue of sibilance and bass liteness). Hope the harsh treble subsides with more usage (or my brain adjust to this sound signature).

Source gear I have used: Fiio X1 LO + Topping NX 1 LG, songs (all in M4A 256 kbps) tested are Kavinsky's Protovision, Magic Dance's One Step Away, FM-84's Wild Ones, Electric Youth's Innerworld (whole album)

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #6,295 of 75,492
Got the ty hi-zhp400s today:sunglasses:

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #6,297 of 75,492
Hello everyone, just curious if anyone uses the Dunu Alpha one...I'd start using it and I found it works really well for pure music without vocal...any tips on what eartip should use since I use only the thick silicon one. Thanks.

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #6,298 of 75,492
  Received TY Hi-Z 32 buds (bought from Penon Audio's aliex store), today.

OOTB, with full foam cover, I find them to be too bright (very hot peaky treble) for my liking (there is also the issue of sibilance and bass liteness). Hope the harsh treble subsides with more usage (or my brain adjust to this sound signature).

Source gear I have used: Fiio X1 LO + Topping NX 1 LG, songs (all in M4A 256 kbps) tested are Kavinsky's Protovision, Magic Dance's One Step Away, FM-84's Wild Ones, Electric Youth's Innerworld (whole album)

it will get much better. mine als sounded like that, I even made a post about that. now they sound natural, compared to other audio equipement :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back