Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 25, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #5,671 of 75,671
Got these this morning (have seen a post from @golov17 praising these of few pages back. Thanks for your valuable inputs, bud!).

OOTB without any cover, these were sounding good (used Fiio X1 LO and NX1 combo, songs of Tamil feature film tracks from 80s) except the right piece seems to produce some kinda jarring sound in the background occasionally at high volumes in certain songs. Even with that slight annoyance (to my ears), these seems to have a pretty balanced sound signature (may be a tad forwardness in vocals), bass is not overpowering other frequencies, treble appears non-spikey, soundstage is intimate. For under US$ 4, these are decent buds.

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #5,672 of 75,671
Yup :wink:
13335947_1069848839776261_6687007999097732909_n.jpg

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #5,673 of 75,671
I was wondering, with all these re cabled earbuds, is it worth it to pay someone to recable your earbuds? the cost of sending back and forth with  the cost of the cables, a 3.5mm jack...

is anyone actually doing this taking orders for recabling earbuds/iem's? 

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #5,674 of 75,671
Btw, you compared LYRA with LYRA6 sound sig?

Never heard LYRA so cannot compare. I just can suspect why they made that ear hook. So that ear hook allows for looser and more distanced ear insert and that way they do not sound so dark. You push them harder into your ear and they start to sound dark and compressed. You insert them loosely, hanging a little bit on that hook and they sound more airy. Also I use them with full foams that way.

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #5,675 of 75,671
  Got these this morning (have seen a post from @golov17 praising these of few pages back. Thanks for your valuable inputs, bud!).

OOTB without any cover, these were sounding good (used Fiio X1 LO and NX1 combo, songs of Tamil feature film tracks from 80s) except the right piece seems to produce some kinda jarring sound in the background occasionally at high volumes in certain songs. Even with that slight annoyance (to my ears), these seems to have a pretty balanced sound signature (may be a tad forwardness in vocals), bass is not overpowering other frequencies, treble appears non-spikey, soundstage is intimate. For under US$ 4, these are decent buds.

I see you also have she3800, how do they compare? how do they sound like? thinking of buying a pair for about 20aud, do you think they are worth it?

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #5,676 of 75,671
  I see you also have she3800, how do they compare? how do they sound like? thinking of buying a pair for about 20aud, do you think they are worth it?

I got them only this morning (bought for US$ 3.21), have used for just about an hour or so.

BTW, I do not own many earbuds and yet to compare these against my Monk and Philips SHE1360 (my favt buds, bought for under 2 US$).

So far, I am liking what I am listening through SHE3800 (mostly Tamil feature film tracks). These sounds pretty balanced to my ears with ever so slight emphasis on vocals.

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #5,677 of 75,671
  I got them only this morning (bought for US$ 3.21), have used for just about an hour or so.

BTW, I do not own many earbuds and yet to compare these against my Monk and Philips SHE1360 (my favt buds, bought for under 2 US$).

So far, I am liking what I am listening through SHE3800 (mostly Tamil feature film tracks). These sounds pretty balanced to my ears with ever so slight emphasis on vocals.

Cheers!

sorry, my mind froze a bit, thought she3800 was she3200 and was asking you to compare the 2, it can get a little confusing sometimes with all these numbers

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #5,678 of 75,671
  sorry, my mind froze a bit, thought she3800 was she3200 and was asking you to compare the 2, it can get a little confusing sometimes with all these numbers

No problem whatsoever. I do not own Philips SHE3200 but it is available for approximately US$ 10 herein India.

Reviews (not necessarily from audio experts but most likely from casual audio enthusiasts) from etailing sites appears pretty good.

Check this link for some of those reviews.

http://www.flipkart.com/philips-she3200-wired-headphones/product-reviews/ITMEFJVYKHYWF8WM

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #5,679 of 75,671
Never heard LYRA so cannot compare. I just can suspect why they made that ear hook. So that ear hook allows for looser and more distanced ear insert and that way they do not sound so dark. You push them harder into your ear and they start to sound dark and compressed. You insert them loosely, hanging a little bit on that hook and they sound more airy. Also I use them with full foams that way.
In fact, they are not bad fit in my ears, and work fine with Monk Plus foams

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #5,680 of 75,671
I'm giving my E100 a second chance, and I think I like them slightly better than the Monk. They definitely have better soundstage and high detail. With some EQ to give them a slight v shaped sound that I like (small bump in bass and highs, 2B + 2H in the Fiio E07K EQ) they sound very good to me. Too bad for the awful comfort. They keep moving out of place due to the heavy cable and bigger size with no "handle" thingy (I mean the thing that protrudes from the bud, how is it called again?).

I think I'd like to sell them because they're not good for my ear shape I guess. They're brand new and barely used. How much do you think they're worth? They have no rattle or distortion so I think they're a pair of the ones with good quality control.

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #5,681 of 75,671
Anyone want my FAAEAL 300ohm?
They're good, but I have Red Demon now.... :evil:

You guys really need to give the bMac amp some consideration. It's one of the better portable amps i've heard.

I've heard a LOT of amps. 10 years on head-fi.  Two items I never saw myself parting with - the Zen 2 and the Cayin C5 - replaced by Red Demon and bMac!

Even Monk with bMac is killer. All my headphones are great with it.

Highly recommended unless you need ridiculous amounts of power (LCD's or SZ2000's at high volume or something)

I will post some pictures soon when I'm not busy listening but I took it apart to have a look at the guts :D

You're really like them, sir?
Btw, what bmac amp do you get? The best is 3ch mk2. But i never have it. I own bmac v4, neutral sound with decent soundstage.
Btw, i just realize that the red demon and edimun v4 is totally 2 different product. Soon i'll have red demon in my hand.
I think i'll like it when i see your impression.

Cheers :)

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #5,682 of 75,671
Just a quick update on Philips SHE3800 right ear piece jarring sound - It appears my audio source was the culprit (poorly mastered 80's recordings) than the earbuds themselves. 

Philips SHE3800, a solid sounding earbuds (which is easy on ears) having excellent clarity for such a low price.

Very satisfied with this purchase :)

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #5,683 of 75,671
Hello guys

I want to buy earbud, but i still confused. Would you like to tell me, which better, toneking ting full metal or shozy cygnus? I want an allrounder earbud with good and vocal, but excellent for rock or metal like babymetal, bon jovi, GnR.

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #5,684 of 75,671
Hello guys

I want to buy earbud, but i still confused. Would you like to tell me, which better, toneking ting full metal or shozy cygnus? I want an allrounder earbud with good and vocal, but excellent for rock or metal like babymetal, bon jovi, GnR.

Cygnus not good for metal... better Blox m2c mk2 or Edimun v2, IMHO :hushed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back