Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 23, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #5,599 of 75,830
  The edimun is really screw*** good, guys. I think it stacks up against the Zen 2.0. I think it beats the Cygnus.

If you are just looking for sub-bass, Seahf 400 is easier to get & cheaper...  but these ROCK!!! these are seriously good, and a whole different game than the Edifier H180.... you would barely know they were the same at the core from the sound.

The sub bass is top 3 for sure as far as earbuds go here. Everything else is pretty much as good as the Zen 2. The sound signature, stage and imaging is different than the Zen of course, but damn, I really, really like these!

The cable alone is truly amazing and one of, if not the most impressive headphone cable I've expreienced.

I can't wait to try their bMac amp after I let it charge for a while.

Shouts out again to @Joy Boy who introduced Head-Fi to De'mun. It's 100% your fault I ended up buying these Joy Boy... and I don' regret it one bit :)

Thanks to @vapman, hope you enjoy its.

And i'am sorry for the little bonus, hope you happy to using it.
gs1000.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #5,600 of 75,830

Thanks to @vapman, hope you enjoy its.

And i'am sorry for the little bonus, hope you happy to using it.
gs1000.gif

I am updating my iPod right now to use it! Thank you again @irgunawan
beerchug.gif

I recommend the RED DEMON or Edimun easily... my new favorite earbud.
Later tonight when  I have time I will use the LOD into the bMac amp
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #5,601 of 75,830

EMS shipping only for us westerners IIRC

Good price for the earbuds but $30 shipping sounds a bit insane if we consider normal shipping costs.
No hate just shocked.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #5,602 of 75,830
Good price for the earbuds but $30 shipping sounds a bit insane if we consider normal shipping costs.
No hate just shocked.

To be honest I thought it was a little high too, but the customs form has a copy of the receipt on it. I paid barely more than they actually spent to ship it out there. (edit: don't forget i bought a bmac amp from too so that added a lot to the weight)

It's less than a $5 difference. When you take the packaging into account I don't think they're making too much off shipping.

Of course if they offered a cheaper/slower shipping service that would be nice, but considering how much I've spent on earbuds lately, even when you take that $30 for shipping into consideration I still consider it to be a much better product than the Cygnus which costs about the same shipped from China via ePacket.

Sorry, Cygnus... Cygnus does have that nice fit though.

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #5,603 of 75,830
No hate just shocked.

Yap i know, thats why I just ask $10 to $15 for world-wide shipping cost, considering this product still unknown yet for head-fi members, even the shipping-cost more than $15, i will pay the rests, because will be my pleasure to helping this group member to get Edimun for first time in their country.

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #5,604 of 75,830
The Edimun v2 I got sounds so much like the Sony MDR-CD900ST it's crazy. That means imaging, stage, natural sound and balance are PERFECT. Its closest earbud is definitely the Zen 2. They really go head to head on... well, pretty much everything.

I love these earbuds. It's always a gamble buying something nobody else knows yet, but I won big time on these.

For $55 before shipping there is no competition. NONE. The closest I can think of in sound quality is the SeaHf which I believe starts at $70 and is still inferior to the Edimun. And the SeaHf is utter crap at vocals and mids in comparison to the Edimun.

I have been listening nonstop for about 6 hours and they are clear and true winners. At some point I switched to the monk+ foams and now I'm using rubber rings by themselves, like I did with the Zen. I think this is how I like to use Edimun most.

Oh yeah and the cable kicks ass. In the past I've paid more than I spent on the Edimun on just cables and haven't been as impressed! As far as I am concerned, Bengkel / De'mun has set a new standard in terms of what I will expect from earbuds AND cables.

I'll post about the bMac amp in the other thread, but if anyone has questions for me, i'm game to answer them.

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #5,605 of 75,830

The sub bass is top 3 for sure as far as earbuds go here. Everything else is pretty much as good as the Zen 2. The sound signature, stage and imaging is different than the Zen of course, but damn, I really, really like these!

Oh man, like I need another earbud?!? They do sound very tempting though : )
How would you describe the sound signature compared to the Zen?

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #5,606 of 75,830

Oh man, like I need another earbud?!? They do sound very tempting though : )
How would you describe the sound signature compared to the Zen?

I did so much Zen vs Edimun A/B and I heard so little difference.

The mids on the Zen 2 are more forward.
The bass is ever so slightly fuller on the Edimun.
The treble is pretty much the same.

I think Zen 2 has a slight bias for mids/vocals whereas Edimun is more balanced/neutral across the spectrum. They really have a good and natural sound. I don't want to take them out. I've been doing a lot of dancing with them in. The sound signature is really not that far off from the Zen, I think it's really really similar but I'm going to say Edimun is both a bit more balanced and has better bass.

Maybe golov has not been posting because he's too busy jamming out with Edimun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back