Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #16,712 of 75,366
Damn, i wanted to recable to a Y shaped cable but want to retain the crazy trebles (enjoying it)
Anyone have any idea on any cables that is good for this project?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-2m-Gold-plated-Line-type-3-5mm-3-pole-Jack-LC-OFC-DIY-Headphone-Audio/32764439785.html

If you're a basshead, you should like the meatier bass on E808+ with this cable. Highs might be a touch stronger. And midrange gets a bit more recessed.

Caveat: Being a non-basshead, this bass volume is too much for me. But the bass is quite accurate on most songs that I've tried on, even on EDMs (briefly).

EDIT:
After more burn-in of the drivers, the bass & treble has settled down; permitting the mids to be more forward. It's a nice balanced FR now, with a slightly thicker/darker sound than stock.

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #16,713 of 75,366

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-2m-Gold-plated-Line-type-3-5mm-3-pole-Jack-LC-OFC-DIY-Headphone-Audio/32764439785.html

If you're a basshead, you should like the meatier bass on E808+ with this cable. Highs might be a touch stronger. And midrange gets a bit more recessed.

Caveat: Being a non-basshead, this bass volume is too much for me. But the bass is quite accurate on most songs that I've tried on, even on EDMs (briefly).

Nice, i got them ordered 2 weeks ago and there are on the way. But my sound preference actually leans on the brighter side. I like the sound of the stock cables just that the J-cables are a pain.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #16,714 of 75,366

How soft is it? I made a mistake and ordered a bunch of cables and every one of them except one turned out to be too stiff for me.

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #16,716 of 75,366
good :sunglasses:
16143839_1283779931716483_2320650725542394798_o.jpg

Nice! :) I'm still waiting for my pairs, and also the RY04 do you have that one as well?
http://s.aliexpress.com/MvUjuuqm
(from AliExpress Android)

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #16,718 of 75,366
Sooooo ive been in contact with Mr Woo... Wrote to him asking about any future earbuds and received the msg below. 

Dear Joel,
glad to hear you enjoy the B320.
we are developing low impedance earbuds and we should be able to release 1
low impedance earbuds this year,this low impedance earbuds do not share
any part from B320,we want these low impedance to be our flagship however
next low impedance to be released might not be our flagship or might be,it
is too soon to say now,but I can tell you that we use the best parts and
materials also the best craftsmanship for these low impedance drivers.
so it will sound very good and be better than the TM.7
BR,
Woo

Pretty sure its time to save some pennies :D may hold out on my next purchases and see where this ends up. Fingers crossed its a new flagship.

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #16,719 of 75,366
  Sooooo ive been in contact with Mr Woo... Wrote to him asking about any future earbuds and received the msg below. 

Dear Joel,
glad to hear you enjoy the B320.
we are developing low impedance earbuds and we should be able to release 1
low impedance earbuds this year,this low impedance earbuds do not share
any part from B320,we want these low impedance to be our flagship however
next low impedance to be released might not be our flagship or might be,it
is too soon to say now,but I can tell you that we use the best parts and
materials also the best craftsmanship for these low impedance drivers.
so it will sound very good and be better than the TM.7
BR,
Woo

Good to hear, what do you compare the B320 to? still tempted to get it although i don't need it...

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #16,720 of 75,366
  Good to hear, what do you compare the B320 to? still tempted to get it although i don't need it...

I mentioned a few posts ago that i highly prefer it over the sound of my old Red Demun and Edimun V3, only going off memory. The sound is no where near as warm, bass pops up when needed, the sound just has this surreal feel to it which draws you in. It really is nothing like i have heard before. The B320 loves a bit of juice, opened up alot when plugged them into my A5.

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #16,721 of 75,366

I mentioned a few posts ago that i highly prefer it over the sound of my old Red Demun and Edimun V3, only going off memory. The sound is no where near as warm, bass pops up when needed, the sound just has this surreal feel to it which draws you in. It really is nothing like i have heard before. The B320 loves a bit of juice, opened up alot when plugged them into my A5.

Thanks, my follow up q was gonna be "what do you have that is similar to it"? but it sounds like the answer is not much?

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #16,723 of 75,366
  Thanks, my follow up q was gonna be "what do you have that is similar to it"? but it sounds like the answer is not much?

Well it is fairly neutral sounding, throws a large holographic stage and you can hear instruments clearly etc. More of a detail orientated sound with some extra low end kick, i wouldnt put it on the same level as the Demun and Edimun for bass heavy tracks. It is more towards the Demun sound than Edimun in a sense. If i was to say something similar it would be my TP16, just more hyper detailed.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #16,724 of 75,366
Nice! :) I'm still waiting for my pairs, and also the RY04 do you have that one as well?
http://s.aliexpress.com/MvUjuuqm
(from AliExpress Android)

please share ur impressions once u receave that. So many hypee comments and more then 1000 buyera in aliexpress.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #16,725 of 75,366

Well it is fairly neutral sounding, throws a large holographic stage and you can hear instruments clearly etc. More of a detail orientated sound with some extra low end kick, i wouldnt put it on the same level as the Demun and Edimun for bass heavy tracks. It is more towards the Demun sound than Edimun in a sense. If i was to say something similar it would be my TP16, just more hyper detailed.

Hmm, you haven't heard the ty 650, have you? I know very well you are a big TP16 fan but i never heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back