Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 30, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #75,211 of 75,216
Thanks for this :)
They responded to my emails finally. I think part of the problem was that I had mistakenly put M2 Pro instead of S2 Pro in the subject line, so maybe when they got it, they just thought, "Whaaaa?" and put it away. Still, purchase confirmation and some kind of response to questions should be a given.
You need to wait

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_084249_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_084249_AliExpress.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #75,212 of 75,216
You need to wait

Thanks for getting that verified! They have May-June as the last update on the crowdfunding site, I guess that is a definite June now.

I don't mind waiting for it. That's expected after all, and I want to support this Bluetooth flathead initiative. It was just, without a confirmation mail or anything, I started to wonder if they had even gotten my order in the first place, or if I had gotten scammed by a 3rd party somehow.

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #75,213 of 75,216
@cottaudio, welcome to the Earbuds Round-up thread. Those are some great tips and suggestions from our fellow bud fiends. For your reference here's some measurements of the diameters (sans foams) of some commonly recommended earbuds. If you have some coins that are roughly the same size as the Yincrow X6's naked (sans foams) speaker cover diameter you can do a quick check for fit into the Concha of your ear. (Don't walk around with those coins in your ears... people might think you're really weird, or it's a new fashion statement. LOL) Earbuds are mainly held in place by placing the speaker into the Concha and held in place by wedging behind the Tragus and Antitragus. Typically the stem of a MX500 shell will mostly align with the Intertragal notch.

People that have smaller than average ears often have trouble with earbuds because the Concha / Tragus / Antitragus area is too small for a comfortable fit. You might even find that you have a good fit in one ear but not the other (too loose / too tight) due to natural asymmetry of your ears. If a MX500 type shell with foams fits comfortably, you can wear most earbuds without a problem.

Yincrow X6 (MX500 shell) - 16.80mmYincrow RW-3000 - 16.88mmYincrow RW-2000 - 16.88mmFiiO FF3 - 16.50mm
FiiO FF5 - 16.50mmMoondrop Chaconne - 16.48mmYincrow Rhino - 16.32mmShozy BK (PK shell) - 16.10mm

1714324777221.png

Earbuds are typically worn with foams on the earbuds, for comfort, better (snugger) fit. Foams also act as filters to reducing some upper mids and treble. Foams are available in several foam densities which affect both fit and overall tuning of the earbuds you're wearing. I made some density measurements of various foams and the foams with fewer density variations are recommended. Cheaper no-name foams might be ok, but the QC of densities is bad and the foams have a higher percentage of holes which are off center, so they don't fit your earbuds very well.

1st foam density measurements.
2nd foam density measurements.

Reading the discussion around those measurement posts is helpful.
I did a mini test and it seems I’ll be good for most anything, though I guess we’ll see once I get some in my ears! Thanks again.
If you are in the Seoul area you might want to check out this shop which is a Ucotech reseller in the Dongdaemun-Hyehwa area: earphoneshop 15-11, Daehak-ro 10-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea. The store is very similar to the e-Earphone shops in Japan with most products available to try and listen. A couple years ago I visited this store and was able to listen Ucotech ES-P1 which is a neutral-bright signature and probably well suited to classical. the website seems to show they sell the follow-on ES-P2 model which I was curious to try next time I visit Seoul. Anyway you would be able to get a feel for the fit and sound signature before buying.
Yeah I’ve been aware of them for a while but never managed to get there, I’m in Daegu. Hopefully soon I can go and have a solid afternoons peruse!

In other exciting news, given the AliX mini sale going on tomorrow I think I’m going to pull the trigger on some combination of the OG EB2S, Dunu Alpha 3, RW-2000, and Aeolian Bells.
I’m thinking of grabbing two of them for now to stick my foot down the rabbit hole, but figuring out which two is a little tricky! Any advice? Or any last minute cheaper sets for classical anyone would recommend?

Apr 30, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #75,214 of 75,216
I did a mini test and it seems I’ll be good for most anything, though I guess we’ll see once I get some in my ears! Thanks again.

Yeah I’ve been aware of them for a while but never managed to get there, I’m in Daegu. Hopefully soon I can go and have a solid afternoons peruse!

In other exciting news, given the AliX mini sale going on tomorrow I think I’m going to pull the trigger on some combination of the OG EB2S, Dunu Alpha 3, RW-2000, and Aeolian Bells.
I’m thinking of grabbing two of them for now to stick my foot down the rabbit hole, but figuring out which two is a little tricky! Any advice? Or any last minute cheaper sets for classical anyone would recommend?
I recommend you the NiceHCK B70 which is cheap on sale as earbuds with PK shell.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004251186343.html

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #75,216 of 75,216
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back