***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Jun 18, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #213 of 611

Quote:
I hate when you say that
rolleyes.gif
... i keep telling myself i dont need to spend the money, then you come along again and dangle the"but it sounds better" carrot in my face again ...   as my wallet gently weeps...

As said before, they don't really need amping. You can rest easily if have a quite powerful source like touch etc. I tried amping MX980 with basic FiiO E1 and couldn't hear significantly better sound. There were some minor differences in nuances, but it was almost unrecognizable, and it wasn't better, just tad different. Sennheiser MX980 have such detailed sound reproduction and wide soundstage by itself, that it really doesn't need any amp, provided pluged to a powerful source. But maybe there is a bigger difference when pluged to some sophisticated and expensive amps I don't know, but again I just don't feel like MX980 is amp hungry :wink:

@Br777
Thanks for the link, I will give it a try :)

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #217 of 611
hey br777, if you get a chance, please let me know how you got this working.  VST is enabled and showing but the effects folder is empty, any recommendations on this?

edit: getting errors on foobar now lol, the dll doesnt want to copy and load into foobar :[  I hate computers lol

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #221 of 611
I disagree, I didn't like PK2 very much, and from what I've read OK3 sounds better, I know kostalex rated the PK2 really high, but another user "a_tumiwa" thinks it's the worst Yuin earbud of the series, and I tend to agree with a_tumiwa more than kostalex, kostalex rated the CM700 highly as well, and I didn't like that one very much either, far too restrained in the highs and a bit dissonant.

Under $100? There's plenty, check out Final Audio Piano Forte (you can get it for free, with a magazine!), 9wave Studio Pro, or get something really special and cool like this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220800700779&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

/kiteki

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #222 of 611
Actually, I believe kostalex rated the PK2 to not be that high, in fact, mentioning it's only good for a very small genre of songs. He did however, praised the PK3 highly. I can agree to that Yuin PK2, to me, is the worst among the bunch of Yuin series though (among PK1/2/3 which I already have, at least).

Personally, I'll recommend the PK3 over the PK2. Try it out, especially when amp-ed with a portable amp. :D

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #223 of 611
Strange, for me the PK2 sound way better than the PK3. The bass on the PK3 is flabby and uncontrolled, while it is quite controlled on the PK2. They both have the same forward sound, but to me the PK2 sounds more refined than the PK3. The PK3 has got a sort of "iPod EQ'ed sound" with everything sounding a bit distorted, compared to the more tonaly neutral PK2.
I also do not hear any of that "veil" that kostalex writes about in the PK2.

But then again, my favorite buds are the ATH CM700TI (I haven't heard the MX980 or 9wave yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back