Earbud buyer's guide, feat. TM5, OK1, PK1, ATH-CM700, OK2, K319, OK3, PK3, PK2
Mar 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #46 of 226
Genres matching from my review:

PK1 is excellent for rock, blues, hip-hop, followed by OK1.
OK2 shines with metal, hard rock, house.

Sure you want OK2? PK1 unamped beats OK2 with your genres.
Quote:

Originally Posted by patbmoore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if there are any major differences between buds and IEMs besides just the isolation that IEMs provide?

For me - no. No one is better than other. Er-6i is on the same level with OK2, but the sound signatures are different. RE EDIT: RE0 is 33% more expensive than OK2 and twice as better, different league.

Oh, I just found the IEMs benefit. They provide better SQ for bucks.

Earbuds are more comfy though.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #50 of 226
No. I did not hear about any new good earbuds, except Sennheiser MX-W1. And I do not want to buy MX-W1 just to review it.

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #52 of 226
They look like rebranded and recabled Yuins. I doubt that they are independent models with proprietary drivers. Anyway, it is interesting to try them. Though it is not interesting enough to pay for them.

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #53 of 226
I have an ATH-CM700ti and have found the sound to vary enormously with positioning in combination with pads.

Without pads, they did indeed sound thinner and more distant. Then I turned them while in my ear so they went in slightly further and the sound really fattened up. I turned them so that the arms went in an upwards direction. (Up towards my eyes)

With pads, I don't need to turn them and they have quite a fat sound. (and are more comfortable for me)

However, I'd love to try the OK or PK's if only there was a UK distributor. The import tax is a bind and raises the price significantly. Does anyone know the difference between the OK series and PK series? - edit - Sorry - found the excellent link on the first post.

Ian

Apr 6, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #54 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look like rebranded and recabled Yuins. I doubt that they are independent models with proprietary drivers. Anyway, it is interesting to try them. Though it is not interesting enough to pay for them.

ok.... next... uhm... AKG K319???

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #57 of 226
Supermicro is a second best amp for PK1, surpassed only by Millett Portable. I tried pk1 also with Pico, Move, D2 Viper, D3, Echo Indigo DJ. Pico, D3 and Indigo perform very even. Both Millett Portable and Supermicro are outstanding, but sound "too much" with PK1 sometime: too mellow and a bit harsh correspondingly.

I am also very interested to try supermicro with OK1. Unfortunately, I do not have OK1 anymore to try.

I will try CM700 soon and let you know. But I'm really doubt that it would sound good with Supermicro.

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #58 of 226
Just FYI, I find the yuin OK series cable to be very microphonic.

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #59 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@kostalex: which has better synergy for xin supermicro IV, cm700, pk1 or ok1??

I tried CM700 with Supermicro. The synergy is outstanding, CM700 never sounded so good before! Supermicro cured all of the CM700 drawbacks and smoothed the sound while keeping the speed and details. It also added depth to the soundstage. This combo sound excellent and I will revise my personal choice of earbuds. I used PK1 before primarily for walks (background play), where CM700 is not a good player. Now I use G2A for walks and PK1 for home. Here CM700 has a chance to revenge. I will compare PK1 and CM700 driven by Supermicro later and let you know then.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #60 of 226
wow amazing!
good job and nice info bro
biggrin.gif

btw, anyone know what earphones are these?(attachment
biggrin.gif
)
the price is around $50-$75 , no data available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back