Ear size?
Jan 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Rasmutte

100+ Head-Fier
How big ears do you have?
I think I have big ears, but i don't know. I want to compare them to some other ears.

Measure your ear from top to bottom of earlobe.

Left ear lenght: ~60mm
Right ear lenght: ~62mm

Measure your ear from tragus to back of rim.

Left ear width: ~35mm
Right ear widht: ~35mm

Measure your ears, please!

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
i dont have a way to measure them right now. but the so called small circumaural, Equation RP15, Denon HP700... aent circumaural for me. guess my ears are bigger than the average headphones user.

Would not worry to much,most headphones seem to be made in Asia and I wonder if they are made to fit Asian ears.

Which brings me to my next question,do Asians have smaller ears than Westeners.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Quote:
i dont have a way to measure them right now. but the so called small circumaural, Equation RP15, Denon HP700... aent circumaural for me. guess my ears are bigger than the average headphones user.

Would not worry to much,most headphones seem to be made in Asia and I wonder if they are made to fit Asian ears.

never seen it that way. interesting POV.

well, asians do seems to be (and i hate to generalize) but shorter so they might also have smaller ears

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

well, asians do seems to be (and i hate to generalize) but shorter so they might also have smaller ears

If you go to buy sunglasses from Oakley, they have a special Asian fit. I haven't tried them, but they appear to be smaller than standard fit. So it's likely that Asian phones are made similar.

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:

Quote:

If you go to buy sunglasses from Oakley, they have a special Asian fit. I haven't tried them, but they appear to be smaller than standard fit. So it's likely that Asian phones are made similar.

I have seen in the gas stations, they also make special preservatives for asians too.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #9 of 10
I feel like Dunbo now compared with you.

Left:
length: 72 mm
width: 38 mm

right:

length: 73 mm

An important curiosity might be that my tragus seems to be outtie, which make plain on ear phones like the grado comfies be extremely painful to me.

1126.jpg

Jan 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 10
I feel like Dunbo now compared with you.

Left:
length: 72 mm

right:

length: 73 mm

An important curiosity might be that my tragus seems to be outtie, which make plain on ear phones like the grado comfies be extremely painful to me.

1126.jpg

But maybe you're older than me?

I've got the same Tragus-problem, so I know how it feels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back