Ear problems?
Apr 25, 2011 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ssavage

500+ Head-Fier
So I recently got Super Fi 5s and my ears dont fit any of the plastic tips. The little foam ones are the only ones that fit but I hear that they're bad?
My right ear is noticeably not picking up as much noise as my left. It feels like lm 30percent deaf in my right ear. Also, my left ear canal is significantly smaller than my right. Both are smaller than small plastic tips. Any thoughts?

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 17
Hey Kiddo, what's up, We all have different shaped ear's and it's not uncommon for individual's to have these problem's with in ear phone's. I myself can not deal with them in Mt ear's it just make's Me nut's, start's irratating the ear canal's and made it an unpleasant experience for Me.

As far as the hearing loss in Your right ear do You have this problem with any other phone's You have or just these? If You do go to an ENT and have Your ear's cheched out ASAP!

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 17
You could add a balance control to your setup. Nothing too complicated or expensive.

Have you had your ears looked at by a doctor? You never know, a wax plug might be causing a problem. My father thought he had hearing loss - until he had his ears cleaned. Then everything was OK.

Another solution might be having customs made. That would compensate for a difference in ear canal size.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #8 of 17
I don't know if its earwax. I'm gonna see if there's something to clear it when I go to a cvs or something. 
Also, I would get customs but I'm only 15 and my ears arent done developing so I cant hassle with constant refitting

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 17
I'd consider Uncle Erik's advice and see a doctor.  The stuff they sell at the Pharmacy is no match for the syringe a doctor can use to flush you out, IF it turns out to be wax.  If it's not, it might be good to get a diagnosis.

x2 on the "deaf" family member... we have an uncle that we all thought was deaf for years... yep, ear wax.  He visits the doctor regularly now for cleanings and his hearing is fine.

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #10 of 17
Could be as simple as ear wax and looking into what Uncle Erik said it could be a sinus problem like I have, swollen sinuse's and could cause a problem in the Eustachian tube which run's from the sinuse's to the ear. If You pinch Your nostril's together with Your finger's and blow slightly does the ear unclog, do You experience any dizziness, like You balance is off? If You do go see a DR. ASAP!

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #11 of 17
I know violinists have hearing loss in their left ear as a result of playing the thing.
Do you drive your car with the window down in heavy traffic?

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
Could be as simple as ear wax and looking into what Uncle Erik said it could be a sinus problem like I have, swollen sinuse's and could cause a problem in the Eustachian tube which run's from the sinuse's to the ear. If You pinch Your nostril's together with Your finger's and blow slightly does the ear unclog, do You experience any dizziness, like You balance is off? If You do go see a DR. ASAP!

Um well with only a slight blow i couldnt tell anything so i blew hard and it feels like a bubble trying to pop

Quote:
I know violinists have hearing loss in their left ear as a result of playing the thing.
Do you drive your car with the window down in heavy traffic?

I'm 15 -_- I wish i was driving

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 17
Still go and see a Dr and see what they say, if it's wax they'll and if nothing then look into what Uncle Erik suggested.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #15 of 17
Listen don't rub it in that Your only 15, that's just putting more salt in the wound. I know You said your 15 and I looked past that because I do not remember that much from when I was Your age. Let Us know if thing's get better for You!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back