Ear Pads for the DBI Pro-700
Nov 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hans030390

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for different ear pads for my DBI Pro-700s. This is for two reasons...comfort and sound.

I'm not a fan of the hard, thin vinyl pads that come with the 700s. I need something comfortable that hopefully will keep my ears from touching the headphones (or at least do a better job than what's already on there).

I'm also hoping I can refine the sound more to my tastes. Currently, the headphones are fairly bassy (more so than the M50s) and "boxy" sounding. I tried the M50 pads on the phones (using the clamping force to keep them on), and I noticed they became even MORE bassy, but had a smoother mid/treble sound. This reduced the "boxy" sound, but the bass was just too overwhelming.

I know there are a few types of replacement pads you can get for the GMP headphones that share the same housing, and I know there are some other pads that fit as well (ex: DT770). I'm just trying to figure out what will be my best option as far as far as comfort goes and smoothing out the sound. A slight reduction in bass would be fine as well.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back