"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Apr 24, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #376 of 1,906
Very interested to see what you find with the TK13

Also how the two wooden IEMs compare to each other. People preferring the ED9 nozzles on the M2 made my decision easier not to get them.

cool.gif
HHhhhmmmmmm. Lurk it just so happens I have a pair of ED9 in my drawer I never use, I will have to check what their nozzles do on the M2.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #377 of 1,906
Very interested to see what you find with the TK13

Also how the two wooden IEMs compare to each other. People preferring the ED9 nozzles on the M2 made my decision easier not to get them.

IMO, the difference between (closed up) ED9 nozzles and M2 silver nozzles is pretty small. Biggest reason for me to use ED9 nozzles is that more of the tips I like fit them than the M2 nozzles..

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #378 of 1,906
I've considered ED9 since they are $12 with Amazon Prime but I just can't justify with even that small price since they will never get used.

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #379 of 1,906
I've considered ED9 since they are $12 with Amazon Prime but I just can't justify with even that small price since they will never get used.

:grinning: Personally I found them way too bright regardless of nozzle. They quickly ended up in my drawer.

JMHO

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #381 of 1,906
@happ, buds any word from BTG about the detachable 2 pin mod on the Keggers?

Negative...The guy seems to be MIA.
I've been looking for alternative cables too, but the Clear cable from BTG really looks good.
The guy is a sponsor here, so please hit him up too if you've done business in the past.
Really think the Kegs will benefit from a better cable.

Apr 30, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #383 of 1,906
cool.gif
Hey Gang. Guess whut I just listened to?  The TK13 and the Easy M2.

Here are my initial impressions:

Easy now has his own boxes little Black Ones just a little larger than the cases (square and triangular) that the earphones come in. They have gold lettering quite elegant and if you are a stacker or a filer there"s a white ID sticker on the side.

Now that I'm done teasing you I guess You guys want to know about the Sound.

IS the TK13 and Improvement over the TK12? Surprisingly subtle but yes it is. First of all the TK13 is quite tip sensitive whereas the TK12 is massive regardless of tips. The TK13 is also massive BUT it has improved resolution and Vocal Mids are WAY better. With the Stock tips, (I tried the Clear/Blue Hybrids), the Bass is Quite Big and very well controlled. NOW, SWITCH TO A WIDE-BORE, (I used my AUVIOS), and the beast is unleashed. The Bass becomes way more prominent at the expense of a little of the tightness. Keep in mind these are OOTB impressions and I expect the Bass will tighten up. BTW, I used a Y cable and A/B'd the TK12 and TK13 side by side, same Tracks. The Bass with Wide bores will make the Most DIE-HARD Basshead smile, But NOT at the expense of the other Frequencies, they shine through as brilliantly as Mr. Z made them to sound.

Now to the Burn In for the TK13, Started at 1:00 P.M. Sat. 4/30/16.....

Lets move on to the EASY M2:

OOTB quite Impressive I went to the Stock Clear/Red Hybrids in the Large size and tried them on....

Jeez. The Chinese are going to put the Germans out of the HIFi business. I was greeted with a very similar sound to the TK12/13 Huge Bass Very well controlled not quite the Clarity of the TK13 but nonetheless still very good. A little recession on the mids and a pleasant treble that isn't harsh or splashy, over all very nice. So I tried the Black nozzles. They are shorter. That's what they do, they shorten the sound. For me they will never be used I might as well toss them.
Once they Break in I think these will be very good. Unfortunately the Auvios won't fit as their bore is a little too wide. I also tried Generic Black silicone tips with a Slightly wider Bore than the stock, I'm just not sure of the difference. well.....

Off to the Burner.

Once again I'm blessed by superb sound. OOTB these are quite High on my list.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 30, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #384 of 1,906

Quote:

Unfortunately the Auvios won't fit as their bore is a little too wide. 

If the bore of the Auvios is too wide, try the ED9 nozzle if you have it. Sound is very similar to silver nozzles, but they are a bit wider, which at least for me made tip rolling easier :)

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #385 of 1,906
  If the bore of the Auvios is too wide, try the ED9 nozzle if you have it. Sound is very similar to silver nozzles, but they are a bit wider, which at least for me made tip rolling easier :)

cool.gif
Anti, Thanx for the info. Which ED9 nozzles the Dull Brass or Bright ones?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #386 of 1,906

cool.gif
Anti, Thanx for the info. Which ED9 nozzles the Dull Brass or Bright ones?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Ah, sorry. Dull brass with plugged holes sound a lot like silver nozzles. At least on the Sendiy M2, but I assume it would work in a similar fashion on the Easy M2 as well.. 

May 3, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #389 of 1,906
  How do these compare to headphones like the HD600/650?

I'm looking to get either headphones or IEMs and wondering which sounds better.

Good headphones always trump good IEMs for sound quality in my view.  IEMs are more convenient for on the go listening and obviously portability.  Trying to compare cans and IEMs is really an apples and oranges deal.

May 3, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #390 of 1,906
How do these compare to headphones like the HD600/650?

I'm looking to get either headphones or IEMs and wondering which sounds better.
its a bit of a monster of a question but I can offer up something.
I own the Ear Kegs and some senn hd580 which are supposed to have the same drivers as the hd600.
It's really an unfair comparison like apples and oranges but anyway apart from the obvious things like portability, both need lots of power to be at their best.
The Keggers have a very very large soundstage for an iem but will never be able to put all that air between the instruments like the hd580 can. The Hd580 sounds more diffuse and the sound isn't as "rich" as the Keggers. Funny because the Keggers have a very relaxed and diffuse sound as far as iems go. They don't sound distant but if the stage was a little bigger they would. The hd580 is more linear with its flatter frequency response. The Keggers are more V-shaped but still have a reference and accurate sound with enhanced sub bass.

If I was going to do some audio engineering I'd reach for the hd580 but most of the time I'd reach for the Keggers.
Neither sound better but the Keggers are more fun and musical and the hd580 is more accurate. Keggers are slightly higher resolution so in that respect I could say they're better!
There I said it.:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back