Ear impression in Montréal, QC
Jun 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

YGingras

New Head-Fier
So it looks like the only option have the cable replaced on my q-jays is to have them re-shelled.  So be it but now I need my ear impressions.  Could anyone recommend an audiologist in the Montréal area?  How about diy kits?  How much should I expect to pay for ear impressions?

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #8 of 13
I just got pair of custom tf10's with an additional mid driver. Looking forward to my first customs! 
JH-13 is pretty tempting, but at that price why not just go for the JH-16?

Sep 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
I just got pair of custom tf10's with an additional mid driver. Looking forward to my first customs! 
JH-13 is pretty tempting, but at that price why not just go for the JH-16?

don't want the extra bass drivers. SQ wise they are the same, just the JH 16 do sub bass better and have a DB increase there. So, there is no real advantage to getting the JH 16 if you don't need the bass, its not a higher end model.

How much did it cost you to refit your TF10 with that driver? I am very fond of my own TF10.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
don't want the extra bass drivers.

I like my bass
dt880smile.png

I just got them used off the for sale forums actually for a good price..
what sucks is when i went to see the audiologist, she told me that since i had a bit of earwax in them, she coudnt do the impressions.
I'm going back again this week, the price she quoted me was $45.
Can't tell you how they sound yet untill i get the remold done lol

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 13
I'm also looking to get some custom sleeves made for my future purchase of the SE535s.

I also live in Montreal and the company that has a partnership with Shure doesn't have any partners around here.

So,
How did that appointment go?

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #12 of 13
Good, had to go back twice though..

First time, they complained i had some dried up skin inside my ear....
made sure my ears were squeeky clean the next time around and the whole process took like 5-10 min max.
The impressions were done by foam though and the total cost was $45

I will send the impressions to UM soon, when i find some extra cash to spare, so i don't have the final product in my hands yet.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #13 of 13
Where can you get things re-shelled?

I also have some broken cables and I'm eyeing some used customs in the forums.

Also, what kind of foam are your impressions made of?

Does it comply with the Sensaphonics standard?

Quote:
We require the use of a silicone impression material. We cannot accept impressions
made from a liquid-and-powder mixture, which can distort easily and are prone to
shrinkage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back