Ear Buds?
Dec 17, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 26
I'm in a similar situation as bigbadbob1982 but I actually want the headphones for travelling--so cans won't do but I don't have the budget for ety's.

as bob said--the Sony MDR-EX71SL earbuds look good--
lowest price found $35

I'm also looking at Sennheiser MX500's which cost just $15

I don't have an amp and I'm looking to use them mostly with my computer (audigy 2 soundcard), 3 disc philips stereo system w/DBB, and portable cd player (maybe an mp3 player eventually).

recommendations? I would spend more if the quality is worth it. but i definitely don't have the money for bose or ety stuff
mad.gif

thanks!

~DrinkinV8

Dec 17, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 26
all depens on what you want...
if all u want is bass get the sony EX, if you like more balanced sound get the MX400/500..

btw DrinkinV8, IMO bose products are very overpriced and they dont even sound all that good for their price
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2003 at 1:58 AM Post #18 of 26
oops!

I didn't see strohmie's recommendations when i just posted before...

Could you provide a link to a place which sells the Sony MDR-E888's for $40? It's not on pricegrabber, and I can find it other places but only for $50++.

Also how much better are the Shure E2C's ...

And any thoughts on comfort/noise reduction between Sony/Shure?

Dec 17, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #19 of 26
well i'm sorry i can't post a review yet because i'm still looking. My problem is is there any major differnce bewteen 32 and 60 ohn cans? Like better signal, less distortion with either? i am going to be using them off of my computer. hooked into the subwoofer where the volume and bass, treble control is

Dec 18, 2003 at 7:10 AM Post #24 of 26
sweet thanks for the help guys.

I really appreciate it--especially how you recommend to accomodate my budget and don't just say "save more to buy the good ****."

I'm going to look for the best price for the Sony's and maybe they'll get here by Christmas (happy happy)[!]
later,
DrinkinV8

Dec 18, 2003 at 10:27 AM Post #25 of 26
i decided to go ahead and buy a pair of JVC HA-G55's. From what i understand it is pretty much a matter of who is lintening to them as to how good they are. Most of the time. Sometimes you read that nobody likes a certain pair. It's is just personal preferance i think. Anyway, if i don't like them oh well. You live and learn. When they arrive and i break them in i will post my own review of them.

Later

Jan 28, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #26 of 26
I got a pair of HA-G55s on 12-24-03. i have been using them for over month and am pleased with their performance. They have great clarity, good bass and treble response. I turned them up as loud as i could stand and no distortion. I first tested them without any equalizing. If the song or video had a lot of bass volume natrally then it was there just like it should sound. But if your like me then you can turn the bass up all way and let ir go. Overall i would suggest these to anybody who wants a good solid pair of headphones that have a little weight to them ( these weigh aprox. 8-10oz.) . I will write a more detailed review in the next week. Just writing this to update you guys.

Later
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back