E500PTH for ~$205?
May 2, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #50 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalvin66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many pairs do they still have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mchank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I managed to snag the last two at the Phoenix Fry's yesterday. If anyone is interested, send me a pm and I'll help out a fellow Head-fier.

He says he got the last ones.

May 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #51 of 67
Quote:

I managed to snag the last two at the Phoenix Fry's yesterday. If anyone is interested, send me a pm and I'll help out a fellow Head-fier.

Now this is what Head-Fi is all about! Good looking out!
cool.gif

May 2, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #52 of 67
Quote:

Good on ya, i scored at Sac Fry's, but the left driver is cutting out when i use the straight (nonPTH) cable.

Darn.

May 4, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #53 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostbobby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good on ya, i scored at Sac Fry's, but the left driver is cutting out when i use the straight (nonPTH) cable.

Darn.

You can send them back to Shure with their warranty, and You still paid less than half. Or you could sell them to me...
eggosmile.gif

May 5, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #54 of 67
Guys - thanks to your post, I checked Fry's in Indianapolis. They had one left on the shelf and I got it today for $205.
280smile.gif

I asked them to check inventory and see if they had others. They checked - Indy inventory showed 0, even though one on the shelf.

I saw a few other Fry's stores that showed inventory (low single digits - e.g. 4 and 2) in the computer - doesn't mean they actually have them of course. Screen wasn't up long enough for me to see which stores. I think Austin may have been one.

Will burn them in for a few days and see what I've got. Currently use E4's and like them, though would like just a touch more bass without using an EQ. From other reviews, sounds like these will do that.

FWIW, I recently switched to the dark side [from Karma to iPOD, now that iPod supports gapless] and iPod EQ sux - haven't yet tried the MP3Gain fix to eliminate EQ distortion.

Thanks.

May 5, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #55 of 67
wow... that is a GREAT snag. and i thought i got a deal for $300! haha... congrats! hope you enjoy them... i love mine!

May 6, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #56 of 67
Thanks - only had 10 minutes last night, but love 'em so far.

Better bass, which is mainly what I was looking for. And that's comparing the E4 with triple flanges to the E500 with large soft flex sleeves that don't really seal my ear. Will put flanges on later today.

Anyone have experience with the new black foam sleeves? TIA

May 6, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #57 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Better bass, which is mainly what I was looking for. And that's comparing the E4 with triple flanges to the E500 with large soft flex sleeves that don't really seal my ear. Will put flanges on later today.

The new black foamies are amazing. They're very comfortable and make getting a good seal very very easy.

May 6, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #58 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use the black foam sleeves on my e500s also. Absolutely love them. They're very comfortable and feel quite durable compared to foamies and complys. They also sound fantastic and give a great seal! Going from complys to these i can tell that the treble isn't as rolled off anymore as the complys made them seem.. also i feel like the bass impact and quality has been slightly improved

May 6, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #59 of 67
uraflit, you're hilarious
biggrin.gif
(no offense intended btw
tongue.gif
) LMAO! Next time you're there, make sure you buy something! Congrats to everyone who managed to cash in on some cheap IEMs... They'd never do something like that in the UK
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back