E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #831 of 1,501
I'm a bit afraid of this DAC. Windows automatically puts it at 100% whenever I connect it by default. Trying it now it seems to have set it to the last adjustment I had, but, honestly, with no hardware control, I'm nervous of this puppy.

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #832 of 1,501
I'm a bit afraid of this DAC. Windows automatically puts it at 100% whenever I connect it by default. Trying it now it seems to have set it to the last adjustment I had, but, honestly, with no hardware control, I'm nervous of this puppy.
Once the tweak app is out, (and maybe with the updatable firmware) you'll be able to set a max volume for it. So if windows puts it at 100%, it'll only be at the max acceptable to you.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #834 of 1,501
Really good to know! Thanks.
I'm not sure if you're familiar with discord, but the E1DA channel is a great resource. Ivan, the creator (and, basically, the entire company), is on there himself and there is a ton of good info in the pinned messages. I can give you the link to their channel if you're interested.

Edit: you're welcome! And here's the link: https://discord.gg/uqX3gSZ

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #835 of 1,501
That's normal Windows behavior. The first time you connect any DAC or install a driver for a DAC, Windows defaults it to 100% volume. This is a$$hole design by Microsoft imo

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #836 of 1,501
no big deal running 9038s off Windows ( and Eq-APO , optional , possibly best windows based parametric eq available in the world ? or so ) , you start your music program/app and set volume to whatever % ( 5 or 10 or 20 30% your choice ) then start listening and adjust it .
I didnt have any problem along or any risk

If you want extra care run Eq-APO and set pre amplification negative .

really didnt get any problem whatsoever using it ..

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #840 of 1,501
Awesome , will update later on. Are there any news on the tweak app?
They've run into problems with the app. Artem, (E1DA creator) Ivan's son, said today on Discord that there's a problem with Comtrue's usb implementation and there's a chance that a functional Android tweak app may not even be possible. It will not be an issue with windows but, since their priority is Android, trying to make that work is agenda #1.

What are the differences between the firmwares? If i'm not interested in a specified filter, what could i install?

Thank you!

The different firmwares have different filters, which you can find in a pdf in the firmware folder. They do affect the sound, though to a pretty minimal degree. The one that's the most different is the SE one, which is a variant of the stock filter with the second harmonic boosted to simulate a tube amp.

If you're satisfied with the sound already, just update it to the new version of "linear phase slow roll off".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back