E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
May 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #992 of 1,326
Quote:
what do u mean by manufacturing problem, if i may ask?

There are some things which might not be revealed by trial productions of one or two units that may become an issue in mass or large batch production. This way if there does turn out to be any significant problem (which there doesn't seem to be, and which I doubt will happen given FiiO's track record) then they would only have to recall units from that batch and can rectify the issue for mass production, rather than creating several thousand flawed units.
This is in no way an indication that flaws will or bevident or should be expected, it's just good principle.

On price: the PJBOX price minus 20% UK VAT is £34, which is about $55. So so far, the prediction of <$60 seems to be accurate. Even with UK VAT it's only $65, which is still a damn good deal.

May 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #993 of 1,326

Quote:
what do u mean by manufacturing problem, if i may ask?

By manufacturing problem, I don't mean fault in original design and such. FiiO already made working prototype months before the actual manufacturing, so the design should be very solid before going into manufacturing stage. But there is a difference between making one or two (or ten) prototype and making 5 hundreds or 1 thousands in a production line where many workers and machine are involved. You want to do a trial run of a decent size just to make sure everything flows smoothly instead of discovering that you have made 5 thousand flawed units where a worker might have misplaced one of the components because he received an outdated instruction manual. It is just a good manufacturing practice to have

May 9, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #996 of 1,326

Quote:
is pjbox the only place to order/pre order right now?  I just tried and they are out of stock lol, that first batch sold out quick didnt it heh

Quote:

2, We will ship some E11 to Micca and PJBOX (UAS) before 13th. and other agents may receive E11  before the end of this month 

PJBOX is only getting 40pcs. That's not a whole lot.
Ordered mine 2 days ago. Hopefully I wasn't too late.

May 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #998 of 1,326
Nice review at headfonia there for the E11 ... looks like Fiio really have come up with a wonderous little amp ... only question will be should I now replace my just new E7 for a E11 ... hmmm ... for $60 bucks might be worth a try ...

May 12, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #999 of 1,326
May 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #1,000 of 1,326

Quote:
Nice review at headfonia there for the E11 ... looks like Fiio really have come up with a wonderous little amp ... only question will be should I now replace my just new E7 for a E11 ... hmmm ... for $60 bucks might be worth a try ...

I'm the exact same. I'll either give my E7 to my twin or keep it for a DAC.
I'm waiting on the X3 to come out so i can get a new portable rig all at the same time (hopefully with some Fischers!!)

May 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #1,001 of 1,326
I just got the E11 this evening ( Many thanks to Feiao for accepting my request to review the E11 and send me a unit ) . I just did a try on it and it was great with my Fischer Audio DBA-002 IEM. Will do further comparisons with my other amps and also borrowed equipment ( a studio - since music is recorded there, the equipment there should be of reference quality I guess ) . A few quick tries when I just opened it showed that it can play LOUD and with decent clarity ( I got some slight distortion at the maximum volume, high gain and high power settings when attempting to amp speakers, but I would question your hearing capability if you need to play that loudly on a headphone ) More details coming in when I get the review done as I test the E11 further.

Quote:
I'm the exact same. I'll either give my E7 to my twin or keep it for a DAC.
I'm waiting on the X3 to come out so i can get a new portable rig all at the same time (hopefully with some Fischers!!)

May 14, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #1,002 of 1,326

Quote:
I just got the E11 this evening ( Many thanks to Feiao for accepting my request to review the E11 and send me a unit ) . I just did a try on it and it was great with my Fischer Audio DBA-002 IEM. Will do further comparisons with my other amps and also borrowed equipment ( a studio - since music is recorded there, the equipment there should be of reference quality I guess ) . A few quick tries when I just opened it showed that it can play LOUD and with decent clarity ( I got some slight distortion at the maximum volume, high gain and high power settings when attempting to amp speakers, but I would question your hearing capability if you need to play that loudly on a headphone ) More details coming in when I get the review done as I test the E11 further.

I'm sure you'd need that extra gain for a high-end orthodynamic.  Though one would have to question your sanity for even bringing one of those outside where you'd need a portable amp. :p

May 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #1,003 of 1,326
Quote:
I'm sure you'd need that extra gain for a high-end orthodynamic.  Though one would have to question your sanity for even bringing one of those outside where you'd need a portable amp. :p

Merely having an account here puts your sanity into question....

May 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #1,004 of 1,326
Should the E11 be able to power an 80 ohm pair of headphones such as the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro to their fullest potential? Anyone tried pairing the two yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back