E-Q5 or se425
May 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 11
Both don't sound too far off from your need of a one size fits all IEM. Personally, the Shures are more comfortable but I prefer the e-Q5's sound.

May 27, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 11
Plus with the eq-5's you get a nice tin can to keep them in 
triportsad.gif

If you want deep harmonic bass reproduction in some of your "all genres" look else where ! if you don't then they sound fine .

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #8 of 11
Have not heard the Shures, but I do love the eq5.  so I'll toss in a +1 for the eq5.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 11
owned the EQ-5, still own the SE425, 

In terms of SQ, the EQ-5 is generally more balanced and a safer overall choice. 

The SE425 is very mid-centric, and has a love-it or hate-it signature. Excellent for classical, jazz, and vocals, but a bit
bass-shy and lacking for electronic/hip-hop and some rock. 

HOWEVER, the EQ-5 have slightly annoying ergonomics (no cable cinch, awkward over-the-ear fit) and they also don't
include a case. 

The SE425, by contrast, are much easier to fit.

For me, being on the go and on the subway/bus/train a lot, The EQ-5 were just too cumbersome, even if I like their overall signature. If I were just using them at home, I would definitely pick the EQ-5, but ergonomics are huge for me, and Shure (along with Westone) always seem to capture this best.

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #10 of 11
x5 eq-5, my current favourite IEMs. Easiest for a fit, easy to drive, beautiful cable, lovely presentation, minimal sibilance, rounded bass, non-fatiguing.
Quote:
x4 for the e-q5

i agree shure is more ergonomic but the sound is less than par.

May 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #11 of 11
x6 e-Q5. I'd buy another pair if the one I am using die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back