[e-Q5 added] Shootout: The Ortofon e-Q7 versus 3 new Final Audio IEMs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS)
Mar 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #181 of 183
I've been enjoying the Heaven S as well lately. I love that feeling when you first wear them, as they're cold being metal and whatnot.

You got yours as well, great! How do you find them compared to multi-driver IEM's? It has been a while since I listened to a broader spectrum but I quickly popped in my triple.fi's at to be honest they just sound almost unlistenable to these or the Etymotics. Comparing to my modified Victors which I have been enjoying of late even though I did the mod(taking the foam out of the tube) the victors bass is overblown in comparison. Maybe i just don't like that sort of bass, I am not sure.

I did some longer listening last night and there is zero smearing with the Heavens. Instrument separation is more like full-sized to me than IEM. and detail retrieval is very impressive. In fact I would say if your collection consists of mainly low bit rate or poorly produced or engineered music these may not be for you as they are even more honest than my ETY's in detail retrieval and authenticity to the recording I find. Having said that they are not cold like I find the HD800's. They do that wonderful Japanese thing of drawing one into the musical emotion.

I have been fortunate. apart from the triple.fi's which I liked initially because I had not really heard anything decent but now I realize are not good headphones in my opinion, unless you like over emphasized bloat that is, i have hit home runs with my headphones and have liked what each one has done and each time i have got something else it has added in a positive way to what I liked in the previous pair!

I would love more of your thoughts, you along with a couple of other here are opinions I value most as you have a really great knack of describing perfectly what you hear. You also, unlike me have a huge collection to compare to so your views I feel are more accurate than mine.

May 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #182 of 183
Just got the FI-BA-SBs.

After 20 minutes or so, I have to say they are surprisingly good, very, very good. A single BA IEM? So far I'm very impressed. There's texture I simply did not expect, and a mid-range that is definitely right up my street, more so than I could have anticipated -- and clarity. After only 20 minutes I can say the SBs do better, a lot better, to these ears, than other dual & triple-BAs I've heard.

BTW, thanks for a great review, james444!

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #183 of 183
Thanks for the ortofon e-q5 review mate, it has reassured me that i made the right choice buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back