Dying Nomad 3
May 23, 2006 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
My Nomad 3 Jukebox is dying, so I'm looking for a new mp3 player. It was so much easier back when I got the Nomad. Now there are just too many and I can't (won't) keep up.

I just want something with about 20 gigs of storge, an analog line out, good sound quality, and preferably a nice interface and the ability to play a lossless format.

Also, I would like to stay away from Creative -- but I will consider a Creative player. I'm not interested in paying for video abilities that I will never use (or the premium for an iPod).

What should I be looking at?

May 23, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 5
What's wrong with your jb3? If its the HDD, it can be replaced.

May 23, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 5
It seems to work fine except when I want to add or delete files. Then it locks up.
confused.gif

It's just as well, I could never get the firewire working with it (Crash...) and USB is a bit sloooow.

May 23, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Which lossless format? Any or specifically FLAC? I would recommend the cowon iAudio or iriver hard drive units based on the requirements you have listed. They seem to have the best mix of sound quality, features, and interface.

May 24, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 5
Zen Vision:M.

I use it primarily as an audio player and I have to say its the best I've ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back