DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 27, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #11,611 of 14,084

I need to agree with you, my DX90 improved now it has some hours on it. At first, I was underwhelmed with the sound, It sounded restrained, held back. I haven't done any manual burn in, I sit neutral about the entire concept - just normal listening. Of course, I cannot be sure but to my ears its turned from a player I was selling on open box to practically my favourite / best performing DAP. Its a great little player, but still at the current AUD price of $639 Its a big sum to pay.

I was lucky to get mine much cheaper (under half that amount) and while I enjoy DX90 a lot with Fidue A83 now, I would not pay that asking price. The high price is due to our weak Australian dollar.

I snapped my DX90 up at cameraparadise.com for $4xx AUD last time. Great deal don't you think?

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #11,612 of 14,084
  Doesn't your DX90 come with screen guard film? Mine comes with 2 pieces. I haven't even removed the initial scratch protection film with the DX90 green letters on the front
biggrin.gif
while I am unsure about keeping it. But I guess I am more sure of keeping the DX 90 now.

+1

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #11,614 of 14,084
My DX90 doesn't able to index my music files. Anyone having the same issue? When I select reindex music files, it display "Media Scanning.." for awhile, then goes blank screen. It is really frustrating. It does able to play individual file or folder, but won't scan the entire SD card.

This happens after I'd updated to 2.1.8FW. Downgrading it to 2.1.5 will solve this problem. It seem after you have upgraded to 2.1.8, it changes the DX90 permanently.

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #11,615 of 14,084
My DX90 doesn't able to index my music files. Anyone having the same issue? When I select reindex music files, it display "Media Scanning.." for awhile, then goes blank screen. It is really frustrating. It does able to play individual file or folder, but won't scan the entire SD card.

This happens after I'd updated to 2.1.8FW. Downgrading it to 2.1.5 will solve this problem. It seem after you have upgraded to 2.1.8, it changes the DX90 permanently.

Certainly didn't happen to mine. Did you perform a factory reset after upgrading to 2.1.8?

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #11,616 of 14,084

I need to agree with you, my DX90 improved now it has some hours on it. At first, I was underwhelmed with the sound, It sounded restrained, held back. I haven't done any manual burn in, I sit neutral about the entire concept - just normal listening. Of course, I cannot be sure but to my ears its turned from a player I was selling on open box to practically my favourite / best performing DAP. Its a great little player, but still at the current AUD price of $639 Its a big sum to pay.

I was lucky to get mine much cheaper (under half that amount) and while I enjoy DX90 a lot with Fidue A83 now, I would not pay that asking price. The high price is due to our weak Australian dollar.

And I'm still kicking myself up the arse for not buying it off you when you offered it for $290.00 AUD mint.

Obviously you decided to hang onto it and I'm betting your glad you did.

I'm tempted to bite but with so many DAP's coming up I'm going to wait for the killer that is surely to emerge from this now very competitive market in the not so distant future.

popcorn.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #11,617 of 14,084
  And I'm still kicking myself up the arse for not buying it off you when you offered it for $290.00 AUD mint.

Obviously you decided to hang onto it and I'm betting your glad you did.

I'm tempted to bite but with so many DAP's coming up I'm going to wait for the killer that is surely to emerge from this now very competitive market in the not so distant future.

popcorn.gif

Ha, you should have taken it when you had the chance!

I've owned quite a few sources now over my time here. I've come to conclusion the iBasso line up are probably the best all-rounders for UI, features and cost to performance ratio. They're not perfect, I feel DX50 lacks some soundstage width and coming from Hisound units like Studio V I've been accustomed to stronger instrument separation in the past, but at the end of the day with the touch screen browsing by folder view only, ease of use and a capable IEM (take the Aurisonics ASG-2) they're fitting units. 

Well, natural selection has proven this for me. Atm I really use two main rigs. 

DX90 / Fidue A83
DX50 / Aurisonics ASG-2

Between these two setups which compliment each other due to the IEMs different signatures, I'm pretty content and sold off a lot of stuff. I'm still on the hunt like yourself for one more major player DAP, but I might just wait to see what iBasso bring out soon to replace the DX100. I'm by no means an iBasso fanboi, I've been rather critical of DX50 in the past, I've heard better sounding DAPs purely from sound quality perspective, but the course of general selection keeps me with these players. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #11,618 of 14,084
Don't want to be a party pooper, but if you are looking at the DX90 price range, the Pono should be seriously considered, I like my Pono better than my DX90 
evil_smiley.gif
 Or If you are ok with big heavy daps the QA360 is unbeatable at it's price, competes at totl level sq for mid-fi price.

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #11,619 of 14,084

Ha, you should have taken it when you had the chance!

I've owned quite a few sources now over my time here. I've come to conclusion the iBasso line up are probably the best all-rounders for UI, features and cost to performance ratio. They're not perfect, I feel DX50 lacks some soundstage width and coming from Hisound units like Studio V I've been accustomed to stronger instrument separation in the past, but at the end of the day with the touch screen browsing by folder view only, ease of use and a capable IEM (take the Aurisonics ASG-2) they're fitting units. 

Well, natural selection has proven this for me. Atm I really use two main rigs. 

DX90 / Fidue A83
DX50 / Aurisonics ASG-2

Between these two setups which compliment each other due to the IEMs different signatures, I'm pretty content and sold off a lot of stuff. I'm still on the hunt like yourself for one more major player DAP, but I might just wait to see what iBasso bring out soon to replace the DX100. I'm by no means an iBasso fanboi, I've been rather critical of DX50 in the past, I've heard better sounding DAPs purely from sound quality perspective, but the course of general selection keeps me with these players. 

+1 on the DX90 / Fidue A83. It is my go to portable set up and at times even at desktop.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #11,620 of 14,084
  I have a question 2All.
Does anyone use the protection film for player's screen? And if it's possible - describe please why yes or no in your answers.
Thanks.

Yes because I take great care of everything I own and even keep the packaging of each headphone and DAP I buy, regardless if it was 10$ or 2000$. It's because I want all of my things to look like they've never been touched before. When my DX90 arrived and I saw that the effing customs clearance ripped off the banderole which says "DX90 iBasso Audio" and threw it away, leaving me only a amall shred of it, I was pretty mad indeed. They also threw away the warranty card. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #11,622 of 14,084
I'm glad I got mine when I did (first batch a year ago). Since then the USD has gone up by around 20-25% against the Danish currency.

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #11,624 of 14,084
  Doesn't your DX90 come with screen guard film? Mine comes with 2 pieces. I haven't even removed the initial scratch protection film with the DX90 green letters on the front
biggrin.gif
while I am unsure about keeping it. But I guess I am more sure of keeping the DX 90 now.

Please don't LOL :) - I pasted all of three stockable films and moved to trash then. Pasted - moved, and three times :), films are not for me as I see. Just an induvidual choice course.

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #11,625 of 14,084

I am using the stock 2.1.5. I know there firmware mods around but have been too busy enjoy the audio quality / burning in. I didn't think firmware mod could change the sound quality very much as opposed to operational issues like fonts, etc.

Not for discussion but - just try to listen 2.1.5 L2 an example, its sound is still another than the stockable. Spends of time to changing FW is about 5 mins and chances to brick device are about zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back