DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #2,116 of 14,084
  Why wouldn't it?

Well there are DAPs and apps that that do not support folder play.  Such as Apple products, and the UAPP app on my Galaxy S4(although the stock player supports folder play, but I have to use UAPP for external DACs which doesn't have folder play).  

I just wanted to confirm that folder play works on this like the Sansa products.  If it doesn't it will not be very convenient.  Folder play is very convenient because you can just load up and pick the folder you like to play instead of creating playlists like the dreaded apple products.

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2,118 of 14,084

Well there are DAPs and apps that that do not support folder play.  Such as Apple products, and the UAPP app on my Galaxy S4(although the stock player supports folder play, but I have to use UAPP for external DACs which doesn't have folder play).  

I just wanted to confirm that folder play works on this like the Sansa products.  If it doesn't it will not be very convenient.  Folder play is very convenient because you can just load up and pick the folder you like to play instead of creating playlists like the dreaded apple products.

The DX50 and the DX100 both support folder play. The DX90 is based on the DX50 (hard- and software) so I would be immensely suprised if it didn't support folder play 
smile.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #2,120 of 14,084
Not having had an IBasso before, or any dedicated DAP for about 6 years, is the downloadable User Manual for DX50 the best guide to browse? Doesn't seem much in it, and I guess software releases may have changed some info. Is there any better and perhaps more up to date resource anywhere?

Just formatted a 64GB Sandisk Ultra card to NTFS and filled with music for X5 which still hasn't despatched, 3 days after it was promised in stock. May cancel now DX90 ordered. Have made high level FLAC/DSD/Hi-Res/MP3 folders with ARTIST/ALBUM's underneath. This ok in the Fiio world?

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #2,121 of 14,084

It is introducing a weak link compared to every other chip in the DAP, it is also placed right after the DAC, which is lessening the potential of all the higher performance chips in the DAP and ultimately lessening SQ in some way.

For example OPA1611 noise is 1.1nV while OPA1602 noise is over double at 2.5nV, I'm saying they could have easily gone with OPA1612 which is brother of OPA1611 and has same specs, thus the chain would have no weak link, and especially not early on. There is simply no excuse for not going with OPA1612...

The 1602 requires 30% less current, it's noise spec is part of the LOL spec so it's not a weak link. It also shows better low frequency linearity and phase control than the 1612. Check the data sheets and look at the large signal step response graphs. They are different scale so not as obvious as it looks but the 1602 still looks better overall. iBasso may just prefer it for this particular purpose. Most of us know just enough to be dangerous.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #2,122 of 14,084
^  Just seen DX50 FAQ in post above!  I'll print off now, thanks.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #2,124 of 14,084
  Does Ibasso's web site seem to be down for anyone else?  Luckily I was able to get an order in a few minutes ago, but it looks like the site has went down because of immense traffic (I'm assuming).

Down for me also, Overload......

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #2,125 of 14,084
Just looked at the faq.  How come I didn't know about DX50?? Arrrrrrr.  Anyway, looks like DX50 was feature packed with it being a stanalone DAC and etc.. I wonder if the DX50 started this trend?  I know AK120 and 240 and Fiio X5 provides same capabilities.

But it's a nice option to be able to use the DAP as a standalone DAC while out and about.  I was actually thinking about this being a feature on DAPs, and it's reality now.  
smile.gif

The draw to ibasso to me is the price and performance.  I hope this out performs the top players.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #2,126 of 14,084
so I was wondering how DX90 might compare to fiio x5, I hope for a comparison to know which one to buy

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #2,127 of 14,084
The One And Only Topkit. Send a PB2 to Head-Fi'er HiFlight. He hand-picks the buffers and opamps and when you place your order he'll ask you which headphones you use, what sort of music you're into and all that. Based on that, he'll compose a kit of opamps and buffers (more than one set) that should give you what you're after. He might ask you for $75 as well. 

He suggested I tried the ISL55002 opamp (color coded green, by Hiflight) with bypassed buffers but my K10 picked up background noise with those. Now I'm on another set of opamps (color coded blue) with HA5002 buffers and I'm getting a very clean and crisp sound with absolutely ZERO background noise. If I pause the music and crank the volume on the PB2 up to InstaDeaf*, it is still dead quiet. The pink opamps with HA5002 is VERY pleasing as well, with a wider soundstage and mids to die for. 

Keep in mind that I'm talking about small changes to an already quite decent audio chain. A topkit will not magically transform your Beats Solo to Stax SR-009. But once you have your rig just the way you like it, a topkit might be just that last frosting on the cake.

*Although not designated as such on the volume dial, instant deafness is to be expected with the PB2 at 60+ percent volume with sensitive (c)iems. Turn it above 80% and I'm pretty sure the coroner will be picking BA driver shrapnel out of your brain at the autopsy.

LOL. At 80%, the undertaker would surely be looking for a head replacement :) I put mine at 15% . When you replace the opamps and bufffers, do you just pull them out and plug the replacement or do you need to solder them? Sorry if Out of topic.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #2,130 of 14,084
well i guess then its better to wait, as I am now in limbo making uo my mid which to buy

my options are

1- fiio x5
2- isbasso dx90
3- calyx
4- pono player

very confused which to buy

all i know is I like warm, laid back, dark sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back